Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtain74 View Post
You conveniently leave out the Bears were second in the league last year in rushing attempts. They were a run first offense. You also left out they were 28th in pass attempts and were 24th in the league in passing yards per attempt.

The very good offensive line gave up the 8th most sacks in the league. The "great" TE, I'm assuming you're referring to Kmet, is so great they signed Gerald Everett this week.

Fields is a backup that cost the Steelers next to nothing. He will either work out or he won't but the potential upside he has is worth the cost.
I didnt conveniently leave anything out, they were 28 in attempts for a reason. The coaching staff purposely took the ball out of his hands to minimize his weakness. The sacks are high because of Fields play, he has a bad knack of leaving the pocket and running into sacks. This is all over tape. At the end of the day if you have 3 full seasons under your belt and cant average 200 ypg, you arent an nfl caliber starter.

Besides I never said he is not good value as a backup. My original point is it is a very long shot to say the Steelers are setup long term after Russ, with Fields.