Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
I get it. Basketball is more profitable and provides more cache when winning.

You guys gushed about Chris Jans. I just don't see it. But he may be the best we can do.

Wake me up when we get to the 2nd weekend in the tourney. It's been 28 years since the last sweet 16.

Baseball has a natty. I don't see it ever happening in any other team sport.

Fire away.
Why is this an either/or proposition? Support ALL MSU teams.
The reality is that in Football and Basketball it takes a generational talent, and the stars aligning with the right coach and the right players and some dumb luck for us just to contend. That's the way it has been and likely always will be. But, we should support them because they are our teams. Getting a Natty is possible in other sports. Baseball proved that - and baseball has interest and the support because they have been the only consistent winner on campus since sports began. And while they may not be the Big 3 - our non-rev sports are probably in the best shape overall they have ever been - Top 15 Men's Tennis, SEC Champion level Ladies Golf, NCAA Tourney Soccer, NCAA Tourney Men's Golf, Consistent NCAA Finals Track & Field (numerous individual Champs), Softball consistent NCAA tourney team. Why not just enjoy supporting our school?