Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Shitbirds vs Penn St thread

vCash
    Unless Allar learns some accuracy, if Franklin stays with him next year, it might land him firmly on the hot seat. He looks a lot like DJU his first couple years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawg1200 View Post
    Many of y'all fit the stereotype that Rebel fans say about State fans in that we care more about Ole Miss and what they do than what we do. Do I want them to lose? Hell yes. Everytime they play in anything just like their fans do for us. But I don't sit around worrying about them and their every move. It's pathetic.
    This is a game thread about their game. It's weird to think that people are actually doing what you think they are. I don't think I'm a special case, and I enjoy/fret games for a few hours after the game and then flush it. Tonight, I'll move on to nfl games

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    Unless Allar learns some accuracy, if Franklin stays with him next year, it might land him firmly on the hot seat. He looks a lot like DJU his first couple years
    Franklin is too good to fire, but not good enough to win big. I don't envy Penn state's AD

vCash
    I don’t think OleMiss was a lot better than PSU. I would like to have seen the game without opt outs and PSU having Manny as the DC.
    Congrats to OM on the win. I don’t believe they will do any better next year, they’ll finish about the same as this year. Pretty good overall but not elite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    I disagree,,,,,i?ve watched this ying yang for way too many years. The success om has has EVERYTHING to do with how the DOGS do and vice versa. I REALLY like Lebby, but he has his work cut out.....GO DOGS!!.....
    Yeah, go dogs. Or you could keep cheering for the rebels. GtHOM

vCash
    In all honesty the bowl games outside the college football playoff are pretty much meaningless because of all the opt outs. Leonard Fournette started that trend in 2015/2016 and I still dislike the guy for that so much. I’m sure other players would have started it soon, but that began the downfall of college football. Luckily the 12 team playoff should stop that for the top bowl games moving forward. That way there aren’t just 3 games in the post season that matter. Ole Miss had their best team this year since 2015, but they still have not made a CFB playoff or even been to the SEC championship game in at least the 36 years I’ve been alive. They have never been ranked #1 either. A lot of that may change next year, but nothing is guaranteed. Until then, winning a peach bowl or cotton bowl is not the same as it used to be. Our fans have a tendency to bias in both ways with ole miss. We have fans on this thread that either stick their head in the sand and try to think our program is still close to theirs and then we have fans declaring them national champs next year. The truth is the answer is most likely in the middle. Now getting back to State, we need to keep spending on NIL whether our fans/administration like it or not. We can get to Ole Miss level with the right coaching, recruiting and contributions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    In all honesty the bowl games outside the college football playoff are pretty much meaningless because of all the opt outs. Leonard Fournette started that trend in 2015/2016 and I still dislike the guy for that so much. I’m sure other players would have started it soon, but that began the downfall of college football. Luckily the 12 team playoff should stop that for the top bowl games moving forward. That way they're aren’t just 3 games in the post season that matter. Ole Miss had their best team this year since 2015, but they still have not made a CFB playoff or even been to the SEC championship game in at least the 36 years I’ve been alive. They have never been ranked #1 either. A lot of that may change next year, but nothing is guaranteed. Until then, winning a peach bowl or cotton bowl is not the same as it used to be. Our fans have a tendency to bias in both ways with ole miss. We have fans on this thread that either stick their head in the sand and try to think our program is still close to theirs and then we have fans declaring them national champs next year. The truth is the answer is most likely in the middle. Now getting back to State, we need to keep spending on NIL whether our fans/administration like it or not. We can get to Ole Miss level with the right coaching, recruiting and contributions.
    Going to have to pay players to play in bowl games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Going to have to pay players to play in bowl games.
    I have no idea how NIL payments go, but I wish they were 50% at enrollment and 50% after last game of year. And if you don't play all game (barring injury), you don't get the final 50%

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I have no idea how NIL payments go, but I wish they were 50% at enrollment and 50% after last game of year. And if you don't play all game (barring injury), you don't get the final 50%
    They are paid by the month. Weighted more heavily to in season. W a bowl bonus. They quit. Check quits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    They are paid by the month. Weighted more heavily to in season. W a bowl bonus. They quit. Check quits.
    Then the guys that pay these checks need to figure out a way to get guys to play bowls. Seems crappy to opt out on your team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Then the guys that pay these checks need to figure out a way to get guys to play bowls. Seems crappy to opt out on your team
    That’s just it, they are not team players, it’s all about the $ it’s not about the team, that is what has become of all this

vCash
    Will be curious to see how many UM players hit the portal by Tuesday.