Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In a funny turn yesterday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    I know nothing about Penn St.......will Lane run rough shod or do the lions have the goods to win? How do they match up??
    Considering how our defense shut them down, practically, I'd give Penn State a pretty good chance.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Sorry for my ignorance but The Peach Bowl is considered NY6 even though it's played Dec 30th?
    Yes, the Rose, Sugar, Fiesta, Cotton, Peach, and Orange are the NY6 regardless of what day they're played.

They're usually played on the 31st and 1st, but with 12/31 being a Sunday this year, they don't want to compete with the NFL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coachnorm View Post
    The SEC added 2 additional teams but still stayed at 8 SEC games per schedule. Did anything get more difficult without mandating more SEC games in the future?
    Well, I think adding 2 more upper echelon teams into the mix makes it even tougher for the check collectors like us and Mississippi
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDraytfon View Post
    Well ain't that some sorry $hite. At least I have a nephew and his wife who graduated from Penn State, so I have a reason to root for the Nitany Lions. You know, even beyond they're playing the scumbags.
    It would take family to be a reason to root for the rapey, pedophile apologists w/ rape reporting delayer coach and even with family I think I'm out. This is like the bet I just choose to stay away from completely.

vCash
    Interesting SEC v Big Ten matchup as is Missouri v Ohio State.

This will be Kiffins second NY6 game in the last three seasons at Ole Miss and Penn States fifth in the last eight seasons. Offense v defense matchup.
    Last edited by FoggyBottom; 12-03-2023 at 06:52 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lord Humongous View Post
    It would take family to be a reason to root for the rapey, pedophile apologists w/ rape reporting delayer coach and even with family I think I'm out. This is like the bet I just choose to stay away from completely.
    Geez dude. All those folks are long gone. I know that and I'm not even a Penn State fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Considering how our defense shut them down, practically, I'd give Penn State a pretty good chance.
    I thought their running back ran at will second half, maybe i’m mistaken. Sitting here watching National tv commentator’s foam over Chris Jones.....Lord what happened to the fletcher cox, Simmons, Gay, etc DOG kind of defense......
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 12-03-2023 at 11:13 PM.

vCash
    Ole Miss only scored 17 against us. Iowa has a much better defense. Iowa will not have to score many points and Ole Miss doesn't have Michigan defense.

vCash
    Ole Miss only scored 17 against us. Iowa has a much better defense. Their LB's are as good as Bookie but more speed. Iowa will not have to score many points and Ole Miss doesn't have Michigan defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Ole Miss only scored 17 against us. Iowa has a much better defense. Their LB's are as good as Bookie but more speed. Iowa will not have to score many points and Ole Miss doesn't have Michigan defense.
    Jack I thought om was playing Penn St.....don’t know where I got that wrong.

vCash
    Ole Miss is playing Penn State in the Peach Bowl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coachnorm View Post
    The SEC added 2 additional teams but still stayed at 8 SEC games per schedule. Did anything get more difficult without mandating more SEC games in the future?
    Specifically pertaining to Ole Miss they don't get to play Vanderbilt every year. We have four easy wins unless we mess up our P5 game. They had five.

Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    I know nothing about Penn St.......will Lane run rough shod or do the lions have the goods to win? How do they match up?? All I can say is any Elite DOG commentators that want to downgrade Lane, think again. He has done wonders at om dammit.....I wish it wasn?t so but, he got kicked by Bama and Georgia, but he beat the teams he should even if only by a td.......and he is in Atlanta. I hope the new DOG coach will do that.
    Penn State looks really good to me. They only lost to Michigan and Ohio State and they were respectable in those games. They beat Iowa 31-0. Not very many close wins- it seems like they either beat the heck out of you or they lose a fairly competitive game to a team that is more talented than them. Looks like they still run the RPO offense that Moorhead ran there- but they're good at it and it works for them. Manny Diaz is their DC and he's pretty good.

If they can handle Ole Miss early I think they will be fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Ole Miss only scored 17 against us. Iowa has a much better defense. Iowa will not have to score many points and Ole Miss doesn't have Michigan defense.
    Ole Miss isn’t playing Iowa, so I’m not sure why this matters.

vCash
    Bowl games don't matter after this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Bowl games don't matter after this year.
    They haven't mattered since the BCS. Glorified exhibitions. In fact, that's what they've always been unless they had championship ramifications involved. There used to be some pride involved in winning a bowl game, but most don't care now.

vCash
    Penn State has a really good defense, but their offense is pretty bad against better defenses. I expect this to be a low scoring game similar to Egg Bowl but a little closer. 16-14 type game would be my expectations

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lord Humongous View Post
    Years ago and all those people are gone from the program and have been for years and years. What an odd thing to choose to rant and be offended about. I’d warn you to not look too closely at any major college athletic program. The amount of misdeeds swept under the rug to field a team can be shocking.