Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: I don't see a game thread for MBB vs 1-6 Southern

vCash
    We have issues but there is a lot of season left. Jans needs to unify this group, take control and hold players accountable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    I tried but it is damn near unwatchable.
    My son and I were there for the 3 time in 4 home games. Is Barbay now offensive coordinator for MBB.**** Very hard to watch. Seldom work the ball inside or drive to the bucket. Dribble or pass around the perimeter or run useless weave, and jack up a three as the shoot clock runs out. Assists are almost non-existent. We better find our best 8 and quit this trying to play about 12 with no rhythm at all. Do we even have any set offensive plays?
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 12-03-2023 at 08:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
    Yes, it's definitely a problem. But it was worse last year. And we've still got Tolu coming back. We'll be fine.
    Not if all teams sag in and double/triple Tolu in the low post like last year and we can't shoot them out of it. BTW, I hope someone got the cell# of Joseph (#3), before he left the hump. A Jr. at Southern who had 18 at the half and 25 total, i think, against our great defensive team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    We didn't have a loss near this bad last year. If we had we wouldn't have even made the play in game.
    We were 25 1/2 favorites. Glad I'm a Baptist and not allowed to bet!*****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Sure, but maybe he could draw up a play to use our big time size advantage
    Was there. When their starting lineup was announced, their tallest player was 6'7", but we would rather jack up three's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msugolf View Post
    Pretty much have to finish in top 5 of sec now.

And we indeed have internal issues going on based on info I?ve heard. A few of older players jockeying for ownership of the team, animosity towards newcomers, new players not liking their roles, etc. Just a mess right now
    Well, if true, the Jans better get his crap together and smack the whip on some players. Melding us into a good unit all pulling in the same direction seemed to be his best quality from last year. If that is not something he can do regularly then we are screwed because he is not going to win here based on his recruiting. We aren't even all that talented this year compared to most of the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    We will be fine. Today was a wake up call for our guys. Also, Fort is a liability. The less he plays the better. And another thing, our lineup going forward needs to be Hubbard, Moore, Matthews, Jeffries, and Bell. Get rid of Davis in the starting 5 and if he bitches he can hit the road. Hubbard is better.
    Jeffries had 2 points today. He plays D very well, sometimes rebounds well, but with him on the court it is like playing 4 on 5 when we have the ball. He is very good , however, at having the ball & dribbling around deep into the clock to get off a desperation 3 that is most often missed.** He is what he is for 4 years now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IngomarDawg View Post
    Fort not playing was a ?coach?s decision? man how did they fool me into thinking this would be a tournament team.
    Murphy didn't play either. Injured again? Shot in warmups.

vCash
    We went into the bonus around the 12:30 mark and never made it to the double bonus. That?s poor coaching.

vCash
    Realtime RPI has us at #28 after game. Just take care of business from here out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Jeffries had 2 points today. He plays D very well, sometimes rebounds well, but with him on the court it is like playing 4 on 5 when we have the ball. He is very good , however, at having the ball & dribbling around deep into the clock to get off a desperation 3 that is most often missed.** He is what he is for 4 years now.
    But who would you put in there? Murphy is not healthy yet and provides even less offense. I guess you could go small and go Davis, Hubbard, Moore, Matthews, Bell. But that would be putting 3 sub 6’2 guards on the court at the same time which could lead to a disaster on the defensive end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Realtime RPI has us at #28 after game. Just take care of business from here out
    We are fine. Is it a bad loss? Absolutely. It just means we are going to have to win some road conference games this year to cancel it out. This week was good for our guys. It showed them that they have to bring it every night or they will get beat. We are not good enough offensively to just coast and turn it on only when we need it.

vCash
    But who would you put in there? Murphy is not healthy yet and provides even less offense. I guess you could go small and go Davis, Hubbard, Moore, Matthews, Bell. But that would be putting 3 sub 6?2 guards on the court at the same time which could lead to a disaster on the defensive end.
    Based on analytics, the lineup should be Hubbard, Davis, Jones, Cam and Bell. The analytics don't like Moore or DJ.

vCash
    But who would you put in there? Murphy is not healthy yet and provides even less offense. I guess you could go small and go Davis, Hubbard, Moore, Matthews, Bell. But that would be putting 3 sub 6’2 guards on the court at the same time which could lead to a disaster on the defensive end.
    D turned one of their players loose for I think 28 points yesterday. Your point on Jeffries is well taken, but shows a lack of talent on this roster if he is the best we have after being here 4 years. At least offensively. I kept waiting yesterday for us to pull away. Guess we are giving about 10 or so players minutes because we don't have an idea of who the 8 man rotation should be or trying to satisfy too many egos that think they have NBA range, 7 for 26 on three's yesterday and 14 for 56 in last two games. Everyone on this team either has the green light to shoot these shots or someone is not listening to the coaches.
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 12-04-2023 at 09:26 AM.