Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: SEC Championship Game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    This is complete bias. Factually they are better than Bama. You can argue teams changing as the year goes on but Bama is 7 days removed needing a miracle to beat a team NM state destroyed. Texas has not gotten worse. And I hate Texas
    Exactly, saying Bama is better than Texas is totally subjective. Objectively, Texas is 10 points better than Bama on Bama's home field. Everyone thought that Oregon was now better than Washington even though Washington had previously beaten Oregon but when they played again that showed not to be the case. I personally just don't think the SEC is all that this year, even Georgia who hadn't really played anyone. Heck, look how close Bama came to losing to a bad Auburn team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Exactly, saying Bama is better than Texas is totally subjective. Objectively, Texas is 10 points better than Bama on Bama's home field. Everyone thought that Oregon was now better than Washington even though Washington had previously beaten Oregon but when they played again that showed not to be the case. I personally just don't think the SEC is all that this year, even Georgia who hadn't really played anyone. Heck, look how close Bama came to losing to a bad Auburn team.
    Have to be very careful with deductive arguments when it comes to college football. It will lose you a lot of money. Hopefully we get another Texas - Alabama to settle it. I just know who my money will be on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Have to be very careful with deductive arguments when it comes to college football. It will lose you a lot of money. Hopefully we get another Texas - Alabama to settle it. I just know who my money will be on.
    I would not be putting money on either. Bama not only struggled mightily with Auburn, they also did with Arkansas and A&M too. This is not a normal Bama power.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I would not be putting money on either. Bama not only struggled mightily with Auburn, they also did with Arkansas and A&M too. This is not a normal Bama power.
    Not sure what normal is but they beat the #1 team in the country, are SEC champs and did not lose a conference game in arguably the best P5 conference.

vCash
    Not sure what normal is but they beat the #1 team in the country, are SEC champs and did not lose a conference game in arguably the best P5 conference.
    I am not sure the SEC was best this year. It certainly was not where it typically is.

Bama is very good, no doubt. But assuming they will beat everyone, especially when one of the teams already beat them by double digits on their home field, is just judging them based on their name. There are no true elite teams this year. Bama is one of the very good ones, but there are several others.

vCash
    Yep... and there is likely no one outside of Austin that'd take Texas vs Bammer in a "pick em" rematch...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Yep... and there is likely no one outside of Austin that'd take Texas vs Bammer in a "pick em" rematch...
    Great. Just like few would have picked Washington today. People are fools.

vCash
    Great. Just like few would have picked Washington today. People are fools.
    eh kay

edit to add: I'd be willing to make some prop bets with ya... I'll give half my winnings to the ED Board.

js

No.

vCash
    What does it even matter who would win a rematch? Poor things, do you need a do-over? You lost, so you have to deal with the consequences. If anything, losing as the better team should penalize you more.

vCash
    What does it even matter who would win a rematch? Poor things, do you need a do-over? You lost, so you have to deal with the consequences. If anything, losing as the better team should penalize you more.
    you're better than this, buddy.

No.

vCash
    you're better than this, buddy.
    How so? Why does Bama deserve to be in over Texas or FSU?

It does not matter who would win in a rematch. The teams already played, so we can now see the winner play other teams.

vCash
    How so? Why does Bama deserve to be in over Texas or FSU?

It does not matter who would win in a rematch. The teams already played, so we can now see the winner play other teams.
    If we did that, LSU would have won the NC in 2011 instead of the best team.

No.

vCash
    If we did that, LSU would have won the NC in 2011 instead of the best team.
    LSU should have won the title in 2011.

Why do you just assume that was the correct decision?

Banned
    vCash
    Well the cases being made for Bama are not even deductive arguments, just helmet watching. No one here is talking about making a bet.

Banned
    vCash
    LSU should have won the title in 2011.

Why do you just assume that was the correct decision?
    Because they Bama and Bama is just supposed to get in NC game.

Banned
    vCash
    Hard to beat a team twice right? Just like Bama vs UGA that year.

Banned
    vCash
    Bama gets multiple shots when no one else does. Don't you know the rules?**

Banned
    vCash
    The only ranked SEC OOC win was MSU over AZ. Tulane won't be ranked now. LSU got skull drug by FSU.