Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seat Fees Going Up For Football

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    We are a part of the most expensive league to be in, in the country. It is what it is. We can pay up our get out that’s the game now.
    Tell me more about this <getting out>. How much would that cost?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Tell me more about this <getting out>. How much would that cost?
    The funding for the department down the tubes, drop back to cusa and the university take a major hit across the board.

vCash
    This is further evidence of just how much our team underperformed this year. I'm sure the athletic department planned for this increase 6-12 months ago and thought they'd be announcing it after a successful season, bowl game, etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Looked like all and keep in mind 7 home games vs. 8 this past year. We are also paying off the second year of all those assistant coaches that probably wouldn't sign on with ZA without a two year deal. BTW, staff and professors do pay $336 or so per season ticket but no donation fee. Tough to pay an increase after this 5-7 clown show, but the "price of poker" not going down in this crazy NIL/Portal world.
    That's what gets me. We have them in a premium area and they sell their tickets. Move then to the upper deck for those prices without donation. It's about money now. We are losing our on thousands because of it. Not a popular thing to do and have to see those people every day but now is the time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Hey Golden I got a blast from the past YT fore you and Base..

https://youtu.be/XJ75o2i4GFM?t=356
    The 1970 Egg Bowl highlights were incredible! Than for sharing!

vCash
    My seat license stayed the same but it went up a couple of years ago.

I think the cost of tickets went up too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Average American needs nearly $12K more a year just to keep up their standard of living and the geniuses in our athletic department decide it's a great time to increase the cost of going to games. And then they complain about attendance being down. Gee, I'm struggling to figure out why staying home is becoming a more and more attractive choice.****
    Speaking of geniuses, you recognize that costs are way up yet you expect Mississippi State Athletics to be immune to that? Or is it you think the poorest Athletic department in the league should eat rising costs and fall further behind? Or do you not understand how an economy works?

We're already the cheapest ticket in the SEC, but yeah let's make it harder on ourselves by letting profits drop as expenses rise. Nevermind being competitive, we're happy rocking along just trying to make a bowl so long as War Machine Dawg doesn't have to pay anymore for his tickets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The 1970 Egg Bowl highlights were incredible! Than for sharing!
    Here is a Pic from the 71 Reveille. You can go to State Archives dept and browse through all the old yearbooks.

https://ia600309.us.archive.org/Book...ale=4&rotate=0

https://ia600309.us.archive.org/Book...ale=4&rotate=0