Thread: Hoping for a HC like Elko, who can hire Lebby as our OC

vCash

Hoping for a HC like Elko, who can hire Lebby as our OC

I'm hoping the hire will be an existing HC with head coaching experience who will make his first hire be Lebby as his OC. Wish it can be Rhett Lashlee or Sumrall or Elko as HC and a package deal like hiring Lebby as his first hire or bring Lebby with him as OC. The BEST 1-2 punch and the best of both worlds would be HC Elko overseeing the defense and Lebby overseeing the Offense.

This way, Lebby can do his thing, concentrate on explosive Offense and let HC like Elko do his thing and run our entire football program from top to bottom and overhaul the whole thing.

We should not hire Lebby as HC and restrict him from not concentrating on offense.

vCash
    Is this a real post or just a troll?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Is this a real post or just a troll?
    100% real. We need both Elko (or similar HC type) and Lebby. I do want Lebby but not as HC. I won't be against it and will support it, if that is what goes down. But IMHO, Lebby needs to concentrate on making MSU the most explosive offense we're ever had and let a defensive-minded HC run the other parts of an entire SEC program from top to bottom.

vCash
    So you think Lebby will come to MSU for the same position he has at OU? Because I think 99 out of 100 people would say no way.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    So you think Lebby will come to MSU for the same position he has at OU? Because I think 99 out of 100 people would say no way.
    OU did not like the way Lebby brought in his father in Law (Art Briles) on the sidelines a few weeks ago. He is probably being let go by OU because of Art Briles. Lebby will be out of & looking for a job soon it appears. Why not go back to the SEC West where he left from (was OC in some form under LK).

It's not like we are in a bidding war with OU for his services. He will be let go soon and is looking for a job, why not go to MSU as OC, it will be perfect timing for our next HC to bring Lebby in. The new HC should be defensive minded but hire an OC like Lebby now while he is available and looking for a new job...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Only shot at that, and it's a minute chance, is if we were to hire a head coach like Fritz that we could pay 4 million and then spend 2.5 on lebby which would be a big raise and OK wants him gone.

vCash
    Lebby isn't coming as an OC. I don't know why we have people who still say this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Lebby isn't coming as an OC. I don't know why we have people who still say this.
    Yea I highly doubt that. But it would not surprise me if he leaves OK