Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FEELING WOOLY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckdog View Post
    About saturday!!!!!
    Take lsu and the points

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    If LSU plays like they did in week 1 we will have a 4 quarter game with them that goes down to the wire even if we play like we did offensively last week. I?m not sure if you guys just didn?t watch them in week 1 or if you have helmet sticker syndrome or what, but they aren?t as good as you guys are portraying them. If we play a B game we won?t win but it will still be close. The spread is between 7-1/2 and 9-1/2. This isn?t going to be some overmatched MSU team. Mississippi State is not the only team playing in this game that has shown major flaws this year. Our fans just largely choose to ignore everyone else?s flaws.
    I don't get helmet sticker syndrome other than the Bama game. It is what it is with that game. I just know how talented LSU is, especially at the QB and receiver position. If we can keep it close and play extremely physical, we have a chance. Especially the way I saw LSU get man handled in the 2nd half against FSU. I just can't get excited though after what I've seen so far. Hopefully we'll be lights on offense the way App State was against aTm last year. Here's hoping

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceBully View Post
    I prefer a 65/35 run/pass offense. Hopefully, we can get to that in our strategy.
    Way too low on the passing. That's what we basically did against AZ.

vCash
    Don't worry about the wool. It'll be sheared around the time we give up 2 or 3 sacks in the 1st Quarter. Perkins may have a career night. I just can't see us improving enough in one week to beat them but I hope I'm wrong.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    I honestly do not know how good we or LSU are. I do think Florida State is elite this year, possibly national title good, and we do not have FSU talent, so I am not taking too much away from LSU losing to them.

We can win the game. But it will require a great performance by us.
    This^

TBH, of course I'm not nearly as confident or wooly as I was before Zona. But with said I predicted a W and I'm sticking to it. For a lot of reasons....just not as many as I had last Friday!! I don't get the Doom and Gloom regarding this LSU team. It has been a long time since they were able to manhandle the Bulldogs. Why in the world would they this year? Regardless of which gets the W, it will be painful close heartbreaking case of what could have been for the loser.

Either team can win this game but if one gets the smackdown a$$whoopin' it's more likely to be LSU than State.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    This^

TBH, of course I'm not nearly as confident or wooly as I was before Zona. But with said I predicted a W and I'm sticking to it. For a lot of reasons....just not as many as I had last Friday!! I don't get the Doom and Gloom regarding this LSU team. It has been a long time since they were able to manhandle the Bulldogs. Why in the world would they this year? Regardless of which gets the W, it will be painful close heartbreaking case of what could have been for the loser.

Either team can win this game but if one gets the smackdown a$$whoopin' it's more likely to be LSU than State.
    This may be one of worst secondaries LSU has had since 2017. And we know what happened in 2017.

And, if by chance, we look really good in a win over them there's going to be more fuel to the rumors that BK would rather run around with his new side piece than coach and recruit.

ETA: Let me just say I've watched some LSU podcasts and there are some folks really worried about this game even after our slim AZ win.
    Last edited by TrapGame; 09-13-2023 at 04:03 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckdog View Post
    About saturday!!!!!
    That's just gas. Let it out and come back to our unfortunate reality.
    MSU = Check Collectors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    I don?t know if some of you forgot or what but LSU got the shit kicked out of them just 2 weeks ago. The idea that they are going to come in here and murder us is pretty laughable, even for this board. It will be an extremely close game, and not because State is some amazing team. LSU isn?t that good. They were not that good last year either. They have quite possibly the most overrated coach in college football.
    Florida State is VERY good. They have an NFL offensive line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    That's just gas. Let it out and come back to our unfortunate reality.
    Rep

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    This may be one of worst secondaries LSU has had since 2017. And we know what happened in 2017.

And, if by chance, we look really good in a win over them there's going to be more fuel to the rumors that BK would rather run around with his new side piece than coach and recruit.

ETA: Let me just say I've watched some LSU podcasts and there are some folks really worried about this game even after our slim AZ win.
    Good thing we run the ball now just as LSU has a bad secondary.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Good thing you aren?t the OC then. Let LSU load the box knowing it is a running QB and it is most certainly game over.
    Nope, that's when you torch them over the middle. All the sudden their defense is discombobulated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I think that feeling will pass relatively early Saturday. Hopefully not.
    This is the game where this coaching staff proves if they're any good or not.

vCash
    Some of yall are the biggest poons ever

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Florida State is VERY good. They have an NFL offensive line.
    Cool. They beat LSU by 4 touchdowns. That means LSU is just a pretty good team at best. Not to mention lsu is 2-3 in their last 5 games and nearly lost to 3 really shitty SEC teams last year. They get way too much credit for beating a Bama team that was down last year by their standards than they should. LSU is extremely beatable by us and every other team in the west.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowDawg View Post
    This is the game where this coaching staff proves if they're any good or not.
    Against AZ, we looked like a team with rookie SEC HC, OC, and DC ( a few position coaches also). Time to step it up in all areas. Our Senior/Grad lineup must show that they are a year better, not just a year older. Beat LSU and we could have the start of a great year. Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Against AZ, we looked like a team with rookie SEC HC, OC, and DC ( a few position coaches also). Time to step it up in all areas. Our Senior/Grad lineup must show that they are a year better, not just a year older. Beat LSU and we could have the start of a great year. Hail State!
    We did, in fact, have a rookie HC and rookie DC. Lol. As Arnett said, the players saved us. I agree though. They've got to get it together before LSU.

vCash
    I?m always perplexed by our fans. What part of the gameplay do you it was for Justin Robinson to fumble through the endzone and for players to whiff on blocking assignments? If two or three things happened differently on last Saturday we would have had the blowout we all expected. And yes I think running the football against an undersized DL and a PAC12 secondary that is accustomed to defending the pass was a decent game plan. Go watch Matt Wyatt?s film review.

Having said that Coach Arnett and Barbay UNLIKE MIKE LEACH (RIP) don?t throw players under the bus. I think we will see the players come and respond after seeing all that they left on the field last Saturday in their file review.

We won the game. Last week doesn?t matter any more. I think we will punch LSU in the mouth and they will punch back because their entire season is on the line.

I?m not saying we win but I think our coaches and players should represent themselves better this week. They are veterans and they hear all of y?all?s complaints.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceBully View Post
    I prefer a 65/35 run/pass offense. Hopefully, we can get to that in our strategy. My expectation is a 7-5 season with an outside chance at 8-4. I think it's doable. Not sure why so many fans want Barbay gone this fast. Let the season play out and see where we are after Thanksgiving.
    So you would prefer us play the offense of the Arizona game? That's interesting to say the least.

vCash
    So, I would bet on LSU to win and cover if I were gambling. Naturally, i took state in the Pick 'em to cover. I am a glutton for punishment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post

I don't get the Doom and Gloom regarding this LSU team. It has been a long time since they were able to manhandle the Bulldogs. Why in the world would they this year?
    Due to our inexperienced coaching staff. It's not gonna be good. Everyone should prepare.

But it is lit here and I've been having a blast since 6 this morning.

McGee makes me laugh.
    Last edited by tireddawg; 09-16-2023 at 08:27 AM.