Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arnett presser

vCash

Arnett Monday presser

He admitted that he made the wrong call by trying to burn clock with a 14 point lead vice trying to break the game open. He said he "took the wind out of our sails".
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 09-11-2023 at 12:27 PM.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

Banned
    vCash
    Note to Arnett, never take your foot off the gas or off their throat unless the game is truly out of reach.

vCash
    I look forward to watch the presser later today when I am home. Did he say anything else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Note to Arnett, never take your foot off the gas or off their throat unless the game is truly out of reach.
    Amen to that! CZA is still a young coach and there will be some growing pains but as long as he will self evaluate and not act like he invented football(which i don't think he will ever do), then he'll learn and grow and we'll be better for it.

vCash
    Arnett just referenced that we are moving a guy from tackle to tightend?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Amen to that! CZA is still a young coach and there will be some growing pains but as long as he will self evaluate and not act like he invented football(which i don't think he will ever do), then he'll learn and grow and we'll be better for it.
    He has no problem standing up on national TV and saying "I messed that up" (among other things*). It is easy for an established coach to admit fault because they already have a reputation. For a new guy, its harder to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick91 View Post
    Arnett just referenced that we are moving a guy from tackle to tightend?
    Ellis. He's been in both games at TE and has been since spring. He will be an OT next year, so don't expect us to throw him the ball*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    He has no problem standing up on national TV and saying "I messed that up" (among other things*). It is easy for an established coach to admit fault because they already have a reputation. For a new guy, its harder to do.
    100%

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Ellis. He's been in both games at TE and has been since spring. He will be an OT next year, so don't expect us to throw him the ball*
    Roger that. I thought this was something new. Good on that kid for making the change for the team.

vCash
    Arnett admitting that is one step in the right direction. He found out first hand what happens sometimes when you "can't wait to be the boss" and something you would change blows up in your face.

Happens to all of us in those positions. He probably thought for years that it would be damn nice to give the defense a nice blow after a grueling drive. He watched it work pretty piss poor. He won't make that mistake again.

vCash
    I personally dont think he did that and that Barbay just had an entire quarter of trying not to lose. I will say this, they said a lot of things in the off-season to get some kids to hang around that they better start backing up. I am not calling for anyone?s head because this job is hard and I like Arnett. But the facts are there, 2 games in and this is not what they said we were gonna do

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I personally dont think he did that and that Barbay just had an entire quarter of trying not to lose. I will say this, they said a lot of things in the off-season to get some kids to hang around that they better start backing up. I am not calling for anyone?s head because this job is hard and I like Arnett. But the facts are there, 2 games in and this is not what they said we were gonna do
    This is true and has worried me.

vCash
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if we end up firing Barbay at the end of the year if things don't change and we just throw a ton of NIL money at Will to try to get him to come back and basically start over again in 2024.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if we end up firing Barbay at the end of the year if things don't change and we just throw a ton of NIL money at Will to try to get him to come back and basically start over again in 2024.
    Dont hold your breath. Will has turned down some major money to stay here

vCash
    I?m still confused what Arnett saw in Barbay. App State has one of the top most raw talents in the Sun Belt and they had one of their worst years last year going 6-6. I?m not a fan of hiring coaches from small conferences that have a talent advantage over other teams they are playing. Florida is getting a taste of that now with Napier. I want to hire coaches that have mid or lower level talent compared to the other teams in the conference and then step up and win with it

vCash
    We really should have gone after Joe Craddock.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    We really should have gone after Joe Craddock.
    His time as OC at Arkansas was pretty abysmal. 14th and 13th in scoring. Chad Morris was a horrible HC then too though.

vCash
    Yeah! It wasn't just a half that he refused to be balanced. Some are acting like it was for a series. No. It was the entire game. And per completion we averaged 12.5 yards.... and only had 15 attempts in regulation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Arnett admitting that is one step in the right direction. He found out first hand what happens sometimes when you "can't wait to be the boss" and something you would change blows up in your face.

Happens to all of us in those positions. He probably thought for years that it would be damn nice to give the defense a nice blow after a grueling drive. He watched it work pretty piss poor. He won't make that mistake again.
    The problem is, that was his first instinct. It basically shows that he pays no attention to analytics.
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    The problem is, that was his first instinct. It basically shows that he pays no attention to analytics.
    Who gives a turd about analytics, Lame Kitten? I feel like no one spoke of analytics until Lane got to Pissville U.

I think this is less about analytics and more about how he felt the game and made a freshman head coaching mistake.