Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
I like Polk, but he was a good fundamentals coach (outside of bunting) and very mediocre game coach. He made some seriously retarded decisions like the one ya’ll are talking about. His team’s approach at the plate seemed to be look fastball and adjust to the fastball 100% of the time. Anyone with a half decent curve was shutting us down. I don’t know how many important games we lost because t-ball teams could bunt better than his teams could.

We could field the ball and pre-game infield was a well choreographed Vegas show that was entertaining and no one could argue better than Polk. I have a love hate relationship with Polk.
Hitting wise you about have to sit fastball and adjust to the offspeed stuff. I mean, you could try to be a guess hitter but that's very risky and inconsistent. I don't know what other hitting approach you'd take? Did you want Polk telling them to sit offspeed and adjust to the fastball? I played through JUCO, and I was taught at every level to sit fastball and adjust to the offspeed pitch.