Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SEC football schedules by divisions will be eliminated when Texas, Oklahoma join

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    I welcome any new format as long as we don't play bama for another 117 years in a row!
    I'm open anything that keeps us from having to endure the "November Nightmare" (Bama, Aubrin, LSU and Old Mess); wonder how many current posters are old enough to remember this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by schddog72 View Post
    I'm open anything that keeps us from having to endure the "November Nightmare" (Bama, Aubrin, LSU and Old Mess); wonder how many current posters are old enough to remember this?
    I remember and having to go to Jackson for many of these game made it worse. Remember when State and OM had Jackson games the same day, "double headers"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    As long as they do away with the mandatory P5 game. I don't like the SEC telling us how to schedule OOC because Florida has a rivalry with Florida State and Saban wants to play some blueblood in a Kickoff Classic

Pretty sure those are going to be our three permanant.

Because then you don't get 7-5 Mizzou playing 12-0 Alabama in the SEC Championship Game. Basically assures the best two teams make it every year.

The truth is we're the same as South Carolina, Kentucky or Ole Miss to Alabama. I don't think they really care if we're on the schedule or not.

I'm sure we will get some easier schedules some- like we did in 1998 and 1999. I'm sure we'll have a gauntlet some and most of the time will be somewhere in the middle.

I do think getting Alabama off of our schedule every year would help us out. It gives us a better chance at a special season. Also, I want to play teams like Georgia and Vanderbilt more. Gives us a chance to play the rest of the league more than ever.
    Of course they'll get off our schedule now that the end of the dynasty is near. Not complaining but pure Mississippi state fashion

vCash
    Georgia is a lock to have Auburn and Florida as 2 of their permanent 3. I project their 3rd to be South Carolina, but Vanderbilt and Kentucky are also possible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by schddog72 View Post
    I do. Seems in late 80s they threw Tulane in there somewhere and we got a brief respite, except the sewer pond squad had a couple of good seasons in that time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    I remember and having to go to Jackson for many of these game made it worse. Remember when State and OM had Jackson games the same day, "double headers"?
    I do remember going to a game in the 80s with my Dad and us having to clear out so they could clean the stadium.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    We won't. Neither Alabama nor LSU want us, and the SEC is going to want big marquee games to be annual contests.
    Can we lobby for ole miss, Vandy, and mizzou?