Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Mississippi State basketball by the (RPI) numbers

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Stevens View Post
    I am posting because it amazes me that this thread can be 8 pages long with the same 4-5 posters arguing the same thing over and over. No, I don't enjoy us losing so much. But you don't have to be John Wooden to read a message board and know who understands the game of basketball and who doesn't. I don't care what you think of my basketball credentials. It really just frustrates me that we have fans like Dawg61 who again and again and again proves he knows very little about basketball and that he happens to be one of the most vocal on message boards. It IS possible to be against Rick Ray and still think 61 is an idiot. No matter where you land on our coaching situation, we can all agree 61's thoughts are just plain dumb.
    You've had a gigantic hard-on for me for two years going now. Started on SPS and continues over here. You've even brought your girlfriend on this board to help your case. You know who she is too I don't even have to post her name. So which waterboy on the team are you? Or are you personal friends with Rick Ray? I bet that when Ray gets fired pretty soon after you'll disappear as well. How come you never post about baseball or football Brad? Seems to me that you're just a Rick Ray fan and not really a Mississippi State fan.

vCash
    I disagree. I think it's still within the realm of possibility that we do not suck next year or the next. Especially if we have minimal injuries.
    i am still awaiting some kind of basketball insight from You, where i might think you know any more than 61. Voice what you believe and the people that read it will figure out who the idiot is without you pointing it out.--Careful-it might point to You.. If you have to stoop to name calling to make your point then you really don't have one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    You've had a gigantic hard-on for me for two years going now. Started on SPS and continues over here. You've even brought your girlfriend on this board to help your case. You know who she is too I don't even have to post her name. So which waterboy on the team are you? Or are you personal friends with Rick Ray? I bet that when Ray gets fired pretty soon after you'll disappear as well. How come you never post about baseball or football Brad? Seems to me that you're just a Rick Ray fan and not really a Mississippi State fan.
    Sigh... Honest question: are you old enough to be in college? Your logic and arguments when I talk of your lack of knowledge in basketball are to attack my personal character, of which you have no clue. My girlfriend does not post on here. I have a wife, and she does not post on here either. I have never met Rick Ray, nor have I ever been a waterboy. However, I personally know many of the players and staff from the old regime. My old high school coach has coaching connections with the Richard Williams' staff. I actually enjoyed watching basketball under Stansbury, and think he did a good job for awhile, until he got somewhat entitled and lazy with the program.

To answer your question, I read a lot about football and baseball. I just have much more experience personally in the basketball realm. I am a Mississippi State fan, and while there are countless times of frustration this season, there are times where it seems if (and when) we have a full squad, we could field a decent team. I am willing to be patient and see. I am unwilling to google "best juco players in the country" and call Rick Ray and Stricklin idiots for not signing guys on that list. Do you understand?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    you are simply identifying yourself with the overly emotional and reactionary facet of our fanbase...
    Like the morons calling for Mullen to be fired at the end of last season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    I laughed.

vCash
    I disagree. I think it's still within the realm of possibility that we do not suck next year or the next. Especially if we have minimal injuries.
    man, I hope you're right but I just can't see this team making a tournament push. If they do I'll be the loudest advocate for Ricky Ray as national coach of the year though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    This is far from a foregone conclusion. It's just your opinion -- and it's pretty far out in left field from the actual concrete facts we have at this point.

You don't pull the plug in year 2 of what was LONG KNOWN to be a 2 year rebuild. Period. I can't believe you've allowed yourself to get hung up on this to this level.

He gets 3 years. He deserves 3 years. Real evaluations happen next year. Otherwise, you are simply identifying yourself with the overly emotional and reactionary facet of our fanbase...
    actually I think anyone who doesn't evaluate progress two years into a head coach's tenure should be fired from our athletic department immediately and without hesitation.

Opinions and pre-season expectations don't have a bit of impact W's and L's, but they matter for ticket sales. You are right that's it an opinion that we will not be much better by next year, but I still don't believe next year should be the benchmark if he's allowed to stay. It has to be at least two years from now. The program is simply not in a position to compete for meaningful wins (wins as in plural) next season. If next year's the benchmark for obvious progress, you may as well cut bait now IN MY OPINION.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    Who was calling for him to be fired at the end of last season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    actually I think anyone who doesn't evaluate progress two years into a head coach's tenure should be fired from our athletic department immediately and without hesitation.

Opinions and pre-season expectations don't have a bit of impact W's and L's, but they matter for ticket sales. You are right that's it an opinion that we will not be much better by next year, but I still don't believe next year should be the benchmark if he's allowed to stay. It has to be at least two years from now. The program is simply not in a position to compete for meaningful wins (wins as in plural) next season. If next year's the benchmark for obvious progress, you may as well cut bait now IN MY OPINION.
    So, you were in favor of running Cohen in year 2 -- when he went regressed from year 1 in basically every way?

vCash
    We sure tore the nets up tonight 0-15 from three

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    You named 3 National Championship programs- you are out of touch with reality.

Name a program similar to ours Please, Pleaseeee...give us just one example of a team not named Kentucky that fired its coach, lost all 5 starters, kicked 3 off for drugs, and lost 2 more to ACL injuries- and won? Just one, thats all I want. ONE. Uno.
    How about don't fire your all-time winningest coach when you are losing all 5 starters and hire the 2nd-3rd assistant coach on an average team that has never been a head coach or recruited in your marketplace? PLEASE, PLEASEEEE ... tell me another school that is dumb enough to do this! Any other school/AD would know that you will lose 13 games in a row your first year and 13 games in a row your second year along with having 1000 people at your ballgames by the end of the year. If you really think we are in better shape, than you have reread your own posts and brainwashed yourself.

Senior Member Intramural All-American's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    i am still awaiting some kind of basketball insight from You, where i might think you know any more than 61. Voice what you believe and the people that read it will figure out who the idiot is without you pointing it out.--Careful-it might point to You.. If you have to stoop to name calling to make your point then you really don't have one.
    Well let's see, Dawg61 said Cunningham was better than Sword last year, and Dawg61 said that Travis Outlaw was not good, a guy who spent 10 years in the NBA. Those two points right there point that Dawg61 is the least knowledgeable poster about basketball on this board. How people agree with his outlandish views are beyond me. I understand people being frustrated with Ray, and I even can see why some less informed people would want to fire him. But to throw your name in the same pot with this bozo just makes you look like a fool.

Banned
    vCash