Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Latest rumors on the Kimchee's and such

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    To me, that just adds more smoke to the situation, and gives a little more credence to the plaintiff's case.

Seriously, who of these KA's would willingly rat on 2 football players, especially those of "rock star" caliber as the Kem-Che brothers? That just wouldn't happen.

It's also worth noting that the so-called "investigation" was literally the campus police merely asking members of the KA house "what happened" and if they "saw who threw the punches". All they had to reply with was "no, sir, we didn't see anything". At that point, there really isn't an incentive for telling the truth, and there are no consequences for keeping your mouth shut. And as far as I've read, the victims were not interviewed by the police. How does that happen?
    No insight into this particular investigation, but I've seen cops "investigate" fights before when I worked as a bartender.

Typically they would show up after the people who punched somebody up had left, ask some questions to the friends of the victim, and then come ask us if we had seen anything. About the only thing we would be able to offer is something like "he was wearing a black shirt and jeans and was with a couple of other people." I never got the impression that cops actually actively looked for the guys.

But this was at a bar in Jackson, and JPD probably isn't the best indicator of policing standards.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bannedwayne View Post
    No insight into this particular investigation, but I've seen cops "investigate" fights before when I worked as a bartender.

Typically they would show up after the people who punched somebody up had left, ask some questions to the friends of the victim, and then come ask us if we had seen anything. About the only thing we would be able to offer is something like "he was wearing a black shirt and jeans and was with a couple of other people." I never got the impression that cops actually actively looked for the guys.

But this was at a bar in Jackson, and JPD probably isn't the best indicator of policing standards.
    Neither are Campus police.

vCash
    Yeah, thats what I'm saying. If it was the Kemberly Brothers, when the cops showed up, what OM fan KA member would say "yes, officer, it was our starting middle line backer and his brother, the #1 recruit in the nation". I just don't see it; nor do I really find this as an OM "thing", as I'm sure it would happen here or anywhere else as well.

If the cops did in fact interview the victim or his friends, and at the time they said they couldn't ID the aggressor, then the "investigation" would seem legit. But, if they were not interviewed at all, how could you say the investigation has been cleared up when the only people interviewed have a vested interest in making sure the people responsible for the victims injuries are not held responsible for it. That is what doesn't make sense.

Banned
    vCash
    To the dude that said the plaintiff is probably paying for the hour, normally that's the defensive side of a civil suit. Most lawyers bringing a case don't get paid until the smoke clears, and they're victorious. If they lose, it's out of pocket for them.

Banned
    vCash
    And stop letting the time frame get in the way. It can take years to gather evidence and line up expert witnesses and whatnot, all paid for the by the plaintiff's attorney.

Banned
    vCash
    This is a milt-million dollar civil suite. Believe me when I say the plaintiff's team will have their ducks in a row on this. They will likely be out hundreds of thousands of dollars if they do not.

vCash
    The biggest thing that sticks out is that if the Kimchees and other had nothing to do with it then why did the Coaches and Athletic Admin do their own 'Investigation'?

Someone beat the crap out of this guy. That is indisputable. If this is a case of 'mis-identification' then just who is the culprit(s)? Was a bunch of KA's? Was it Coach34 and the ED Crew? This will boil down to who can come up with a witness, plain and simple. Seems pretty obvious that the Kimchees and Pals beat this kid down but so far everyone has closed ranks. Just how tight does the circle stay when high dollar law suits are pointed at their direction.

vCash
    Had someone tell me a few mins ago the Plaintiff's attorneys are very confident with what they have
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Had someone tell me a few mins ago the Plaintiff's attorneys are very confident with what they have
    Big time firms don't take shit cases. I know enough of them to know this....

Banned
    vCash
    Lot of uncomfortable shit for OM will come out in this.....You can almost bank on it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EAVdog View Post
    The biggest thing that sticks out is that if the Kimchees and other had nothing to do with it then why did the Coaches and Athletic Admin do their own 'Investigation'?

Someone beat the crap out of this guy. That is indisputable. If this is a case of 'mis-identification' then just who is the culprit(s)? Was a bunch of KA's? Was it Coach34 and the ED Crew? This will boil down to who can come up with a witness, plain and simple. Seems pretty obvious that the Kimchees and Pals beat this kid down but so far everyone has closed ranks. Just how tight does the circle stay when high dollar law suits are pointed at their direction.
    This is the biggest thing for me as well, but to take it a step further, the internal investigation purportedly happened soon after the assault (at least I believe I read that somewhere). If that is the case then someone identified the defendant(s) not too long after the assault otherwise how could an internal investigation be conducted unless the coaches/administration knew that their athletes were somehow involved.

I guess the fact that some of their names are supposedly on the police report could be the reason, but I still think that it is a bit weird. Regardless it should be entertaining going forward.

vCash
    So could there be other lawsuits that follow if it is proven that some people tried to cover this up? If Freeze gets on the stand and then they prove he lies on the stand would that help a future lawsuit?

There maybe other lawsuits to be filed but the firm is waiting to see how this is handled. Is that probable?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Like I said, all they need to get this to trial is he-said, she-said evidence. If they have 3 witnesses that state as absolute fact that the brothers beat this kid just as stated in the Complaint, the case will go to trial unless it's settled. You don't get a civil matter tossed unless there are no genuine issues of material fact in dispute - i.e. the Dichee attorneys would have to prove that there is no evidence linking them to the claims. So, of course they are confident. All they want is a trial where they can show any evidence they uncover discrediting the brothers. And as to that, one of the brothers just spent the night in jail - how nice.

The Plaintiff's attorneys also now get to conduct discovery, and they know that there is no telling what they will discover. Both sides are about to go on major fishing expeditions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    And stop letting the time frame get in the way. It can take years to gather evidence and line up expert witnesses and whatnot, all paid for the by the plaintiff's attorney.
    If this was being paid for by the plaintiff's attorney, then somebody with deeper pockets than the NKembidasess would have been sued. Either the plaintiffs are footing the bill up front or there has already been a deal made to keep the KA's out of it. I just don't think a reputable plaintiffs firm is going to rely solely on the ability to recover from the Nkemiabisos; if it was the attorneys' money at risk, they'd sue the property owners also in order to bring the potential for insurance coverage into it. Maybe they'd do it just for the publicity, but it doesn't seem like that would justify actually going to trial.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NewTweederEndzoneDance View Post
    Like I said, all they need to get this to trial is he-said, she-said evidence. If they have 3 witnesses that state as absolute fact that the brothers beat this kid just as stated in the Complaint, the case will go to trial unless it's settled. You don't get a civil matter tossed unless there are no genuine issues of material fact in dispute - i.e. the Dichee attorneys would have to prove that there is no evidence linking them to the claims. So, of course they are confident. All they want is a trial where they can show any evidence they uncover discrediting the brothers. And as to that, one of the brothers just spent the night in jail - how nice.

The Plaintiff's attorneys also now get to conduct discovery, and they know that there is no telling what they will discover. Both sides are about to go on major fishing expeditions.

This man speaks the truth.....

vCash
    Exactly. A reputable firm like Burch, Portis, and Johnson has to have a few smoking guns. They wouldn't have taken the case if they didn't have some concrete evidence. This isn't an ambulance chasing dog bite phone book 'have you been injured' attorney we are talking about . I think the plaintiffs firm has done some homework before this went public and is ready to pounce . Good luck Kimdashians

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailState39110 View Post
    Exactly. A reputable firm like Burch, Portis, and Johnson has to have a few smoking guns. They wouldn't have taken the case if they didn't have some concrete evidence. This isn't an ambulance chasing dog bite phone book 'have you been injured' attorney we are talking about . I think the plaintiffs firm has done some homework before this went public and is ready to pounce . Good luck Kimdashians
    something else everyone is missing - BPJ in Memphis was more than likely brought in to handle this. John Houseal is an Arky attorney listed as of counsel, which means to me that the family went to him and he brought it to BPJ to handle because they have some MS lawyers in the firm.

Banned
    vCash
    And you can best that Dichee's team will push for mediation almost immediately if there is a smoking gun here.

Banned
    vCash
    This not uncommon. Several smaller time lawyers will hire bigger firms for a negotiated piece of the pie. Still, BPJ didn't have to sign on.

vCash
    KAs could be left out because many of their members are possibly key witnesses and the Plaintiff needs them to be honest and forthcoming about the events that transpired that night. They would probably be less likely to do so if they were defendants as well. I found it strange in the complaint that the pleadings were almost commending the KAs on trying to calm the situation and clear the house out
    my cowbell is louder than yours