Thread: Kirby Smart

vCash

Kirby Smart

Mark Richt says ?hold my beer?.

vCash
    He had his shot when he was up big on Bama in the Championship game. He may never get that close again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Mark Richt says ?hold my beer?.
    Coaches he can beat: Dan Mullen, Kirby Smart.

vCash
    UGA needs to offer Joe Brady 2 million and see if he can turn Fromm into Burrow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    UGA needs to offer Joe Brady 2 million and see if he can turn Fromm into Burrow.
    Think fromm comes back? Smart needs to go get WRs like LSU has

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Think fromm comes back? Smart needs to go get WRs like LSU has
    Fromm will definitely be back. He has them. Pickens was a 5 star. Hell all of them are 4 stars or better. Still running the Alabama offense from 10 years ago. Just like LSU until this year.

vCash
    Kirby Smart first 55 games: 43-12

Mark Richt first 55 games: 45-10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post

You think they have a "ED II" message board exploding right now?

vCash

In all fairness you need to compare last 4 years of Richt vs 1st 4 years of Smart. So it's 39-13 to 43-12. 2 years of Richt were BCS years so pct is 75% vs 78.2%. Close tho.

vCash
    Georgia is boring as hell

vCash
    I will say Kirby seems to have a better culture instilled than Mark did. They seem more... mature? Sure they lost to SC this year, but under Richt they had inexcusable loses every year, and seemed to fold in big games. Kirby hasn't win those big games, but they seem to lose honestly; not because they shot themselves in the foot.

UGA seems to be all recruiting and no coaching when compared to Bama, Clemson, LSU, OU, or OSU. They seem to strike a better balance as far as having assistants that do both. I think that may be what's biting Kirby in the ass in all these big games- he's just as talented, but the coaching on the finer details (WR route running, OL hand placement etc) aren't as good

And his offense is definitely outdated. It leaves little room for the elite play makers to make plays

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    You think they have a "ED II" message board exploding right now?
    Dawgvent

I've got a group text with with 7 guys I grew up with who are all big UGA fans. Let's just say I learned new profanity tonight.

vCash
    Kirby signaled surrender when near the end of the 3rd QTR when UGA had a 4th down and he goes for the FG told me alot about him.

vCash
    Dawgvent

I've got a group text with with 7 guys I grew up with who are all big UGA fans. Let's just say I learned new profanity tonight.
    I got a Ga buddy too ... told him I understood the pain but it could be worse. He could be an MSU fan LOL.

vCash
    UGA need to go all out and offer JoMo the OC spot for $4M/yr. after all, he's a savant

vCash
    Dawgvent

Kirby may recruit but his decision making is very iffy. Georgia is in a state loaded with talent and having Florida and Alabama as neighbors is a big plus in recruiting.

Expectation were to win the Sec, I think Kirby has his hands full with the expectation the fans and media have labeled him.
    Fromm is ok but he hasn't progressed like a 5 star recruit.

Banned
    vCash
    Fromm isn't a difference maker. He just isn't. They ran off bith Fields and Easen for that dude, and he doesn't have what it takes. I said it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Fromm isn't a difference maker. He just isn't. They ran off bith Fields and Easen for that dude, and he doesn't have what it takes. I said it.
    Totally agree. He is in the mold of those early Saban AL QB’s. Great manager, but he isn’t going to win you any games. The fact that Fields is doing what he is doing would make me sick if I was a UGA fan.

vCash
    Kirby has got to learn what Saban did- give up control of the offense and let a Spread guy roll. Control the D and the rest of the program. When Saban let go of the offense and stopped being so conservative- he started dominating
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is