Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2020 Football Schedule Released

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Similar to the way it is now. I learned in football that winning and losing are both contagious. If we lose to Texas A&M we may win another game until Alabama A&M. That's a max 7 game win schedule especially with a new backfield next year.
    7 win max? Interesting. What 5 games do we not have a chance to win? We're not sure there's a new backfield next year either.

vCash
    Similar to the way it is now. I learned in football that winning and losing are both contagious. If we lose to Texas A&M we may win another game until Alabama A&M. That's a max 7 game win schedule especially with a new backfield next year.
    8-4 minimum

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    7 win max? Interesting. What 5 games do we not have a chance to win? We're not sure there's a new backfield next year either.
    We'll only win maybe one game in October. And it's a toss up with Texas A&M and Mizzou. Mizzou because our team will be beat up physically and mentally at that point.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    We'll only win maybe one game in October. And it's a toss up with Texas A&M and Mizzou. Mizzou because our team will be beat up physically and mentally at that point.
    Agree to disagree

vCash
    Agree to disagree
    Texas a&m is gonna be a very difficult game next year. Missouri should be a win

vCash
    Some of y'all predicting records and we don't even know what these teams will look like this year, much less next year. The set up is interesting because it's different but we don't know what most of these teams will be. NCState? Mizzou? Hell, Auburn might have another coach next year. Saban could retire for all we know.

vCash
    Whenever they re-organize the schedule it always makes me wonder if this is going to be our new "norm" for the foreseeable future?

I do like the fact that Ole Miss plays Georgia Southern the weekend before the Egg Bowl unlike this year where they have eleven days to get ready.

Don't like the Egg Bowl on Thanksgiving. New Mexico is an interesting OOC opponent. Love playing Tulane. I would prefer an in state SWAC team over a SWAC team from any other state.

vCash
    del
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 08-08-2019 at 05:54 AM.

vCash
    So are we going out to New Mexico in a later year or is it a 1-time "buy" game?

vCash
    Agree to disagree
    We're going to be really inexperienced next year on defense and the same on offense without experienced depth. I believe next year will be like a traditional coaches 1st year.

vCash
    5-6 headed to the Egg Bowl. Rough schedule after another major talent loss
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    So are you saying we don't go 4-0 out of the gate or we lose to both Missouri and KY. 5 wins seem a hair short to me. Think it also depends on which players come back too.

vCash
    LOL, you definitely snorted all of that leftover coffee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    So are you saying we don't go 4-0 out of the gate or we lose to both Missouri and KY. 5 wins seem a hair short to me. Think it also depends on which players come back too.
    I dont see us beating NC State on the road with so many new starters and an extreme talent loss. We will return 10 or less starters for 2020 and that normally spells disaster in the SEC.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I dont see us beating NC State on the road with so many new starters and an extreme talent loss. We will return 10 or less starters for 2020 and that normally spells disaster in the SEC.
    Anything could happen, but there isn't a single time in the last decade that NC State would have beaten us, barring an upset. Their best years were 2010 and 2017, when we were clearly much better, and 2018, in which they got the shit beat out of them by a team we beat (Texas A&M).

There's just nothing about NC State in recent history that would suggest they can expect to beat us.

vCash
    Hence why 1/3 of our class is JUCO guys and who knows how many transfers.

So, it really hinges on:

1. How many guys that we think right now will declare actually do- I'm sure some of the Kylin, Erroll, Gay, Dantzler group will actually end up returning.

2. How quickly the new JUCO guys get acclimated.

So, it's really too soon to know to make an accurate prediction. We also don't know who is going to emerge this year which could change our perception of how next year will potentially be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Anything could happen, but there isn't a single time in the last decade that NC State would have beaten us, barring an upset. Their best years were 2010 and 2017, when we were clearly much better, and 2018, in which they got the shit beat out of them by a team we beat (Texas A&M).

There's just nothing about NC State in recent history that would suggest they can expect to beat us.
    So, basically you're saying it takes something catastrophic like Eric Moulds and Derrick Taite fighting over a girl to lose?**

And yes, I'm still pissed about that.