Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Moorhead expectations for 2019

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    UK had Allen (SEC Defensive Player of the Year) taken at 6, corner in the 2nd, safety in the 3rd, the best RB in their history Snell in the 4th, and an Olineman in the 5th.

UK right now is looking at having 3 Sophomores, 1 Sr, and 1 Jr on their Oline. Their defense was very senior heavy last year. They lost a good bit more than we did overall.

This game also flips to at home so that is a big swing also. We shouldn't lose this game unless Moorhead really does suck or there is some type of weird things going on.
    Their O-Line is definitely a weakness for them this year. As is their defensive backfield. However, they return all their QBs, their best WR, and a lot of talent and experience in the defensive front 7. I will say that Kentucky is probably our easiest, or second easiest, conference game. I won't be surprised at all if we go 7-5 (3-5) with KY, Ark, and OM as our SEC wins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    You disagree with me saying the talent level is going back this year?
    You make sound like we have a bunch 2 stars and walk-ons left on defense. C'mon mane.

We will have a top 15 defense next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DancingRabbit View Post
    On paper I think either 7 or 8 wins are the two most likely scenarios by a long shot.

To me, 9 wins looks like a big jump from 8. Six wins looks slightly more likely than 9.
    I can buy this.

vCash
    If you put a gun to my head to pick a record, I'd go 7-5 (4 OOC, ark, om, Kentucky). I would be really nervous about that gun though bc I think 6 is almost just as likely as 7
    Same.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Tennessee has zero players drafted. Tennessee?s defense was ranked 50th. Theor Offense was ranked 120. They went 5-7 in the weak ass east and got boat raced by Vandy for the 3rd year in a row. They suck ass.
    The funny part of criticizing their offense is that they scored more on every one of our common opponents (Bama, Kentucky, auburn, and Florida) than us. They totaled 96 pts; we got 36 pts.

ETA... they went 2-2 record wise vs commons; we went 1-3
    Last edited by msstate7; 05-01-2019 at 12:28 PM.

vCash
    The funny part of criticizing their offense is that they scored more on every one of our common opponents (Bama, Kentucky, auburn, and Florida) than us. They totaled 96 pts; we got 36 pts.
    And they didn't have anyone drafted because they were young last year (hence their returning a combined 83% of their offensive and defensive production from last year). You mentioned Florida and Kentucky's jump from 2017 to 2018...if there's a team poised to replicate such a jump this year, it's TN. A lot of people are really high on their QB (I'd butcher that name), although I'll admit I didn't watch him much last year so IDK.
    Last edited by PMDawg; 05-01-2019 at 12:27 PM. Reason: 83% total, 91% returning offensive production

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    6,7 wins without Stevens. 8 maybe 9 with him.
    I think if we only win 6 that means several teams got better than we did this year. If UM, UK, or Ark beat us then it is a disappointing season. We completely dominated UM and Ark like you hope to do a Homecoming team and UK lost most of their defense, most of their Oline, and Snell who was about 75% of their offensive production. I honestly think we should win 7 but 6 is the bare minimum. 8 isn't out of the question especially if UT is still struggling.

We win any other game outside of those 8 to get to 8-10 and I am pretty happy with that result.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    The ballgame was over in the second quarter against Alabama and Florida so they were not playing defenses that were nearly into the game at that point. They played much better against Kentucky than we did. Auburn was close to the same. They also scored 14 on Charlotte, 13 on a Vandy, 14 in West Virginia, and 17 on missouri.
    Last edited by Jarius; 05-01-2019 at 12:35 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    And they didn't have anyone drafted because they were young last year (hence their returning a combined 83% of their offensive and defensive production from last year). You mentioned Florida and Kentucky's jump from 2017 to 2018...if there's a team poised to replicate such a jump this year, it's TN. A lot of people are really high on their QB (I'd butcher that name), although I'll admit I didn't watch him much last year so IDK.
    UT's QB was a high 4 star and I think top 10 dual threat in the country. Same could be said for Felipe Franks at UF. A lot of talent but young.

vCash
    4 non conference games, I feel very good about 4-0.

OM, KY, at Ark, I feel good about all and very good we go at least 2-1.

LSU, at auburn, and @TN, all toss ups. I feel good we get at least 1.

At Aggie I doubt. Bama I doubt strongly.

That's 6 wins I feel very good about and 7 wins I feel good about, and I think it more likely that we get 8 than 6.

vCash

ETA... they went 2-2 record wise vs commons; we went 1-3
    They Scored pts in Garbage time good lord the only game they performed better than us was vs. KY. They also gave up almost as many points against Bama as we did in all 4 games combined. If I am going to fear a squad that finished the year losing to Vandy 38-13 and Mizz 50-17 going to need better reasons than you are giving.