Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
I read that book and found it completely unconvincing. He never offered any counter arguments to his beliefs. He states a belief and then goes looking for someone/something to back it up. I've read all of his books and think most of them are bad. The only one that halfway convinced me was "The Case for Easter." He actually did bring up some legitimate arguments in that one. I bet he's made a fortune off of all those books though because people are desperate to believe in something. I don't blame them though because it's really depressing to think I won't see my parents again after they die. I'm willing to try to believe a lot of foolish stuff to avoid facing that reality.
I like The Case for Christ and what I've read of The Case for a Creator, but you're right that what he's doing is more Christian apologetics than unbiased investigation. My issue with that is that according to him, his own search was unbiased, and he investigated both claims from Christians, or at least theists, and claims from atheists, and found the former more convincing. His own search occurred in the late 70s and early 80s, but then he wrote his first book in 1998 and only used arguments from Christians. I find the book useful, but it's not going to alone convince many skeptics. I wish he had done a thorough reconstruction of his own actual search.