Thread: Women's Hoops

vCash

Women's Hoops

This team is not our best from the last few years, but we are damn good and most importantly we have the best coach in women's basketball. Defense wins Championships, and Vic knows that....so even though I don't think we're the best team in the country, I'm not counting this bunch out against anybody.

And to think that MSU has a women's sport that had me watching on the big screen over baseball today......Vic has really built the greatest program in MSU history in my opinion. And that's saying a lot coming from a guy that you couldn't pay to watch a women's sport 4-5 years ago.

Our other coaches ought to attend a training course taught by Vic

vCash
    I was at the first women's game and watched a bunch of them because they used to play before the boys. 1st coach was a cute little brunette named Peggy Collins, I think. I am so proud of the 2019 girls, they did something never done before, winning the tournament. So proud that we have a coach of the caliber of Coach Schaefer. You heard it here first, they will win our first national championship!!! HAIL STATE!!! GO GIRLS!! PRAISE THE LORD!!GO DAWGS!!
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    I still think our best team will be 2020-2021 if everything holds together....this year would have been our best so far if Bibby hadn?t become injured..
    Last edited by Leeshouldveflanked; 03-10-2019 at 04:20 PM.

vCash
    Our women may not be the best team but they only have two losses and just got revenge for one of them. I hope they get revenge for the other loss because that means they are in the final four.

vCash
    We aren’t as good defensively or shooting the three. We’re smallish too outside of T. But they know their roles/jobs and pass the ball well.

vCash
    I never thought I'd watch another sport over baseball either, but it happened today! I love our team. They're such a joy to watch.

vCash

-JDog
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post

-JDog
    Congrats to Coach Vic and the team for winning a tourney championship! Took 6 tries (4 SEC tourney finals, 2 NCAA tourney finals) but we finally won one in the finals. Of course, it helped playing an SEC 10 seed but let's go see what we can do in the NCAA tourney now!
    Last edited by maroonmania; 03-10-2019 at 05:50 PM.

vCash
    Next few weeks will determine IF this is our best team. Not so sure this team couldn’t beat our previous teams. Also I think this is Vic’s best defenders.

vCash
    If Espinoza and Howard can shoot the 3 the way they did in the tourney (Espinoza in the last game) we are better than anyone.

vCash
    I think Vic is best coach in MSU history in any sport. And that comes from a big MSU baseball fan. No matter what happens this year he has led us to two National Championship Finals and no other MSU coach can say that. Even more impressive given our history in women's basketball before he became our coach which was nothing to brag about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    If Espinoza and Howard can shoot the 3 the way they did in the tourney (Espinoza in the last game) we are better than anyone.
    Scott was on today as well. i think she may have the highest arcing 3 point shot I've ever seen.