Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What did Wallner say before the series started?

vCash
    I enjoy baby powder....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShot View Post
    No, I would've liked to have seen him be able to play. I try not to wish injury and bad fortune on other teams. Having him play and Wallner play may have made the series more interesting.

Just to be clear- no one here wishes anyone on USM or any other team has an injury of any kind. I want USM players to have bad weekends on the field of play because that's the competition part of sports whether you are a fan or not of a player or teram. We want to see OUR team do well and that means our opponent not do so well. Believe me- I would much have rather us struck out Blaylock five times than have him miss because of an injury. Just like I'm glad we got to beat AJ Brown on the field in the Egg Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonShot View Post
    Fighting a fight? More like letting you know you don't know what you think you know. Lesson learned. Next time I'll just let you keep feeling pretty good about yourself and the fact that you have any real clue about some college baseball players that wouldn't know you if you passed them on the street. Again, sometimes it's entertaining to read but today being a Monday I may be a little more edgy I guess. So please carry on and keep pushing forward. The future of MSU athletics depends on it .

The "future of MSU athletics" depends on what? Hearsay from a former players Mom? Ask Forrest Moore's parents about that. Sounds to me like you think a little too highly about yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Moonshot... I think you are just too close to the situation and really upset some people by seeming to threaten to uncover "hidden" drug tests of our players based on your son's info.
    USM has a good team. Go enjoy him playing. I wish him well. Not everything works out, so go make the best out of it and have Brant enjoy the rest of the days he gets to play.

Exactly. Not everyone has the opportunity to play at this level and enjoy your family member's accomplishment. And if he has a bad weekend roll with it and move on and don't engage the opponents fans about it.

Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post

Exactly^. This is why I was such as ass about Luke Reynolds too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Above is the reason we should not even play USM in any sport, much less baseball. We should be doing a home-away with Miami, Texas, Pepperdine or USC

I would get an Rental House in Malibu, Miami, LA, or even Weird Austin gladly
    I'm fine playing USM in baseball, but I think we should just play them in Pearl once a year like we normally do. I certainly don't think we should avoid them because they talk smack. Hate to say it- but that's like Ole Miss and their "toxic rivalry" rhetoric. Except that we won in this case. I also don't mind playing them in football 2-3 times every 5-8 years or so. As long as it is a 2-1 with two home games in Starkville and one in Hattiesburg. I would much rather play any of those other teams you mentioned home/away over playing USM in a weekend series Starkville or Hattiesburg. They're a Sun Belt level school now- their greatest recent in state sports accomplishment was sweeping us in baseball while our head coach was completely checked out at their home field with a team full of freshmen playing their first college baseball games- and the funny thing is their best player was a guy that they got from MSU whom we dropped. Which says a lot about the rest of their team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    They're a Sun Belt level school now- their greatest recent in state sports accomplishment was sweeping us in baseball while our head coach was completely checked out at their home field with a team full of freshmen playing their first college baseball games- and the funny thing is their best player was a guy that they got from MSU whom we dropped. Which says a lot about the rest of their team.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I owe Mrs B credit....she may have been exactly what this board needed to reunite, ha
    Hahahahaha no shit