Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Not So Super Bowl Edition

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Not So Super Bowl Edition

Going out for dinner tomorrow and cooking for SB. Besides that no big plans.

vCash
    We went to the grocery store for the "Not So Interested Super Bowl" or as I like to call it "The Saints Got Screwed Bowl". Here is our menu for Sunday:

Beer
    Buffalo Chicken Dip
    Beer
    Grilled Deer Meat
    Beer
    Pigs in a Blanket
    Beer
    Hamburger Sliders
    Beer
    Fried Sliced Jalape?os
    Beer
    Homemade Salsa
    Beer
    Spinach Dip in Hawaiian Bread Bowl
    Beer
    Boudin
    Beer
    Pimento and Cheese stuffed celery
    Beer
    Pecan Pie
    Beer

We are excited, got a fresh keg for the Keg-O-Rater.

vCash
    Very nice. My wife's indecisiveness has delayed our menu selection outside of rotel dip. I'm dreading my Sunday grocery store trip. Maybe late tonight after dinner. Great looking lineup there HowBoutDem

vCash
    In honor of the Saints getting screwed we're doing grilled shrimp, oysters grilled and on the half shell, and crawfish etouffee. Even have some Dixie beer and Daisy Duke bloody marys. The game will be on but it's mostly just a party.
    Last edited by LC Dawg; 02-02-2019 at 01:03 PM.

vCash
    We will be there by half time LC...sweet line up

vCash
    Not much here this weekend. Grilling some burgers and deer sausage now and zero interest in the super bowl this year.

vCash
    We just got back from Crechale’s. That place is a Jackson classic. Got the ribeye and some of my wife’s scallops

vCash
    Made a big crock pot of seafood gumbo today and let it simmer while I did the taxes for my wife's business. Got enough leftover for another meal this week - which makes my happy because gumbo is one of those things that's always better the second day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    gumbo is one of those things that's always better the second day.
    Absolutely. A lot of times I'll spend all evening cooking one and not even eat any until the next day.

vCash
    Smoking a butt on the Kamado Joe right now. Have some NY strips to do this afternoon.

vCash
    Just started my “special” rotel. All I do different is brown ground beef with onion, garlic, s&p, cumin, and chili p. Then throw in the velveeta and rotel tomatoes. I’m doing burgers and dogs tonight but I’m doing some gourmet toppings like saut?ed portabellas, saut?ed onions, applewood smoked jalape?o bacon, and onion rolls. Also picked up a Gambino King Cake.