Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LSU's defensive line issues

Banned
    vCash
    ERY Body's over rated after MSU Croom's 'em.
    Last edited by Bully13; 10-11-2018 at 11:01 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    They have one good rusher in I believe is a safety (#9), then have prolly one of the best backers in the country. They like to send #9 on a lot of blitzes. If I?m not mistaken, he leads them in sacks.

I honestly think we beat them. I was hoping they would stay ranked high for our game.
    Devin White is good no doubt. But his best asset that I've seen is his speed. If we go right at him that negates that. It is going to be a dogfight.

I do think them coming off of the stretch theyve been on has to help us. They have played Auburn, La Tech, UF and UGA then us all in a row. We will be coming off a bye.

Im not a big believer in bye weeks helping you but maybe it will this time. If we dont run the MoorRaid we will be fine

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'd like to see Guidry get some wr screens in this game
    Would be nice to get him involved in some quick game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    In game, yeah. Before the game though, no way they knew we were gonna put that rb motion wrinkle in and run 80% of the time

They had no clue that JoeMo was going to do that as you said. It was in JoeMo's offensive scheme he brought with him to MSU, he just hadn't shown it yet.

vCash
    You could tell that our unexpected running back motion offense really confused Auburn. I think if we don't show that we have some type of passing game, that LSU will load the box until we can show we can at least complete a few passes. I don't know if the run pass ratio that was used against Auburn will work against LSU. I don't think JoeMo is going to use the same plan, as Auburn, some similarities , but not exactly the same plan. I think the offensive plan against Auburn, was designed specifically for the Auburn defense.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 10-11-2018 at 11:44 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    You could tell that our unexpected running back motion offense really confused Auburn. I think if we don't show that we have some type of passing game, that LSU will load the box until we can show we can at least complete a few passes. I don't know if the run pass ratio that was used against Auburn will work against LSU. I don't think JoeMo is going to use the same plan, as Auburn, some similarities , but not exactly the same plan. I think the offensive plan against Auburn, was designed specifically for the Auburn defense.
    But didn't Auburn start loading the box? They knew we were going to run the ball and still couldn't stop us. Our OL was built to RTDB.

vCash
    If their playing with a limited amount of Dlinemen, let them load the box we will wear them down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    If their playing with a limited amount of Dlinemen, let them load the box we will wear them down.
    And throw in some wr screens to make em run

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    People keep talking about other teams loading the box. Load the damn box!!!! We’ll average 4-5 ypc if we run that offense against LSU or anyone else. If our passing game improves just a little, we will be hell to deal with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    People keep talking about other teams loading the box. Load the damn box!!!! We’ll average 4-5 ypc if we run that offense against LSU or anyone else. If our passing game improves just a little, we will be hell to deal with.
    ^^^THIS^^^

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    People keep talking about other teams loading the box. Load the damn box!!!! We?ll average 4-5 ypc if we run that offense against LSU or anyone else. If our passing game improves just a little, we will be hell to deal with.
    I listened to most of this game using our broadcast and Matt Wyatt was nearly laughing at one point due to the amount of times auburn put 9 men in the box and we still got 4+.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    I listened to most of this game using our broadcast and Matt Wyatt was nearly laughing at one point due to the amount of times auburn put 9 men in the box and we still got 4+.
    I like hearing stories like this. Preach.