Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Moor Cats Edition

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Moor Cats Edition

Another SEC game, another brand of Cats on deck. Hopefully we see some Moor offense. My brother is flying in so we?re doing a party for him Saturday night. All kinds of grub. And you absolutely cannot forget about UCF 229. Mcgregor vs Khabib is monster. These 2 guys are the elites of the sport and they legitimately hate each other (remember the bus attack incident?). Can?t wait for this one

vCash
    We went out tonight, had dinner at an Afghan restaurant in Worcester. Twas delish. Plus it was BYOB, so we had a nice buttery chardonnay with the meal.

vCash
    In Athens today. Brought BD Jr up to spend the day in the UGA Percussion Dept, and meet folks in the School of Music - prepping for scholarship auditions later in the year.

Had lunch at The Grill, just off Broad St. downtown. Great bacon and Swiss burger with hand cut fries.

Just had dinner at The Pines in 5 Points in Athens. Had a peppered NY strip, with garlic mash and grilled okra.

Now having a Woodford on the rocks with my oldest friend/UGA grad.

vCash
    It sounds bad, but I’m ready for Friday nights to be over. I miss cooking on Saturdays and fishing early in the AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Go get your 17'n shine box!!!!!**

vCash
    Norwegian fish & chips and a few beers. I'm still debating if it's worth watching the game at 1:30am. A few weeks ago it would be a no brainer.

vCash
    Heading to Destin tomorrow to spend a week for fall break. Fort Benning has a recreation center there we are trying out for the first time. Hope to do some inshore kayak fishing, and eating a pile of seafood.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckleDawg View Post
    Norwegian fish & chips and a few beers. I'm still debating if it's worth watching the game at 1:30am. A few weeks ago it would be a no brainer.

I

I served with some Norwegian officers in Iraq, and we designed a Basecamp for them. Great folks. There is a good Norwegian series on Netflix called Nobel. It is subtitled, but really, really good. Context is Norway’s special ops folks in Afghanistan.

vCash
    My attorney brother flew in so we did a family party. Apps I had smoked redfish dip, shrimp cocktail, marinated mozz balls, roasted garlic, prosciutto, and feta olives. Dinner was gumbo, fried speckled trout, and garlic bread. Dessert was a broad street cheesecake. Currently sipping a Pilar rum cocktail and enjoying this football game. Fight later.

Banned
    vCash
    Damned tasty looking food. Sorry for not having anything exciting to add to this thread but if you want to eat something extremely healthy sometime, try my chicken soup recipe I did Friday.

get a raw chicken breast with bone in and chop it up, slicing thru the bone. chop up some celery, onion, carrots, taters, cab'sbage & kale and throw it in all together in whatever you choose to cook it in. I usually wait till it's about done before I throw in the shrooms.

here's the kicker: sprinkle in some tony's then throw in some oregano & hot sauce. then add the amount of water you want for desired thickness.

the flavor is an oregano & celery base. basil doesn't hurt, I use it only due to the health benefits of that particular herb.