This weekend I was fishing for the Venetian Isles Fishing Rodeo and it was a good time. Fished 3 different locations and ended up having a good time and catching fish.

Met my buddy at the Henderson Point launch at about 4 Friday night. Plan was to fish the afternoon until dusk but not too late. Had a long day coming Saturday. Was hoping to get some trout or reds for the weigh-in. Some guys were catching shrimp via cast net at the launch so I figured it was about to be on. There is a ton of broken piers and various fishy structures. Skunked. Tried everything with no success. The yellow line is my track for the evening.

Day 2 I met a smkfc member at the Hopedale Marina to fish for the tournament. We launched and made the paddle to the MrGo dam. We caught white trout at the dam. After about 10 mins of fishing the wind kicked up and it started pouring. No lightning so we kept fishing. The wind was making things tough so we would paddle to the dam and drift back down the shoreline. We caught a mixture of specks, white trout, and reds. Repeated that drift a bunch of times as well as fishing the crossing canal. I probably caught 20 total trout and 11 redfish but only 1 keeper red for the tournament band it wasn?t a great one. This was the type of day that separates the men from the boys. Tough conditions but we grinded out some fish. Can?t say enough good things about the Hopedale Marina kayak launch and entire operation. Top notch.

Highlight of day 1 weigh-in was some big gar, black drum, and I watched a guy weigh a 21 and change 3 redfish stringer.

Sunday I was absolutely beat and needed to upgrade my redfish. I decided to fish my ?home waters?. I?ve caught good reds in the past so I figured I could find something. I wanted to sightfish some small canals on the way to the bay and didn?t see a fish. When I got to the bay I started working grass shorelines and caught a MS limit of 19,19, and 23.5. I released the small fish and took the big one to the weigh-in. He ended up going 4.3 and finished 4th. I also had a trout from day 1 get knocked off the leaderboard. All in all a great weekend, caught 14 redfish in 2 states, logged another tourney experience, and it was likely the last hurrah for the KC12. Been a great yak!