Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
I loved the Braves when I was younger, Chipper Jones was my fav player. I remember always coming home and watching the Braves on TBS every single time they played.

Since Chip retired after that WC game against St Louis my Braves fandom fell off big time.

So as a guy whos trying to get back into it, somebody give me the run down of this team. I know Freeman, Tehran, Inciarte, Markakis other than that Im pretty lost.

I know we got Jacob Lindgren, is he in the majors or minors?
For now, know these:
Sean Newcomb - big young pitcher with talent. Sort of Jon Lester-ish. Needs to cut down on the walks to truly be effective in the majors.
Luiz Gohara - 7 mentioned him. Extremely young, huge talent, we'll see if he can stay healthy.
Mike Foltynewicz - big hard-throwing RH SP. Still young and has shown flashes, needs to be consistent but could be a very good SP.

Dansby Swanson - I'd assume you know about him. Former #1 pick from Vandy, SS. Struggled last year but still has plenty of talent.
Ozzie Albies - very young, extremely talented 2B. Could play SS if needed. Will hit, sort of Altuve-ish, though without that kind of power.

Don't worry about anybody else on the major league roster. But here are the names you'll need to know soon:
Ronald Acuna - look out. OF, #1 prospect in baseball, massive stud at 20 years old. Will be up soon, and will hit, run, field, throw...can do it all. Huge power.
Kyle Wright - top draft pick last year, #5 overall, maybe the most talented kid in the draft. SP from Vandy, could move fast.
Mike Soroka - SP. Maybe not elite stuff or velocity, but phenomenal command. Will likely be up at some point this year, has dominated in the minors.
Ian Anderson - SP. #3 overall pick in 2016 out of HS, has really, really good stuff and pitched well last year. Could move quickly this year.
Cristian Pache - 19 year old CF. Incredible defensive player, phenomenal athlete. Still learning to hit, will be in A+/AA this year.
Joey Wentz - SP. 1st round talent, 20 years old, pitched very well last year. Will likely hit AA this year.
Alex Jackson - C. HUGE power. Questions on his ability to stick behind the plate, but can really hit and some say his defense is fine back there. 22 years old, will be in AA/AAA.
Touki Toussaint - SP. Insane talent. Has had real problems with command and control, but started to figure it out last year. If he hits, he's an ace. Could still be an elite RP even if he doesn't.
Drew Waters - OF, 1st round pick last year. Will be in A-ball.
Bryse Wilson - another SP. 20 years old, he's been better than first thought so far, fantastic minor league numbers. Will be in A+/AA this year.

Those are the names to know as of now. And we'll draft 8th this year, so we'll add somebody else soon.