Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
At least this did not happen at the new DNF on opening day

- Luke Reynolds proved MSU was wrong to cut him for any baseball reason
- I hope James and Leibelt pitching today was because we knew Sandlin dialing a shutout, not because they are our top 2 bullpen arms
- We looked like 2015 today
1. No. Unless you think we should have cut Nate Lowe, Gavin Collins, Rooker, Cody Brown, or Reid Humphreys. Not sure why our fans don't get this. The guy gets hot for 2-3 weeks on a shitty team and all of a sudden he's Rod Carew. He's going to look awesome this weekend against us and then not do shit the rest of his baseball career. I better not hear about how our team lacks toughness this year from anyone that advocates bringing back a guy back that didn't work hard enough to stay on the team because I will throw that shit back in their face.
2. They aren't. Blake Smith and Self are. I would say Leibelt is among the better ones- but we left him out there to rot today.
3. Agree here. I think Cann has his work cut out for him. He's already suspended two guys in McQuary and Zane Stephens. Lots of rumors about drug problems- and yeah, I consider weed a drug since we aren't Colorado State or Alaska State. On top of that- lots of freshmen in the field and two-three average former JUCO players. Stovall and LA look like four year guys. And Mangum still swings at everything- I'd bet he would find a way to get two strikes on himself on pitches out of the zone if he went to the plate without a bat. And much like last year Pilkington got his pitch count up. Our most talented players in general are our freshmen- and Jordan Anderson needs to be in the lineup over someone. And that's usually not a good thing. Obviously it's too early to panic- but this is the kind of team that things could get out of hand with if Cann doesn't get them to straighten up. He did it last year- so at least Cann has the ability to do it. We'll see if our guys hit better now that they have used their ace up.