Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
Basketball schools compete for National Titles and make regular deep runs in the tournament. We have 2 Final 8, 1 Final Four, and that is it. We won a lot of weak OOC games, weak SEC games, and some years gave UK and UF a run for their money.

UF has been in 17 NCAAs in 30 years (basically the beginn8ng of the Williams-Stands “regime” as Liverdud calls it), won 2 Nattys, and been to 5 Final Fours.
Arkansas has been in 17 NCAAS in 30 years, won 1 Natty, and been to 3 Final Fours
UT has been in 12 NCAAs in 30 years, and been in 5 Sweet 16s
LSU has been in 11 NCAAs in 30 years, and been in a Final Four

Those sound like basketball schools.

UGA has been to as many NCAAs as us in 30 years. Shitty ass UGA. We are not, and never were a basketball school.
I think there is a miscommunication. What's being said and what's being heard are 2 different things. Anybody denying what Williams and Stans did is just a person with an axe to grind and when you get to that point, you lose all sense of reality. To keep bringing him back up (as was the intent of this thread) serves no point except to DEMAND others to believe that they were right gosh darn it. Trying to convince themselves by lashing out at others. wording stats to try and make a point and following that up with saying the fans are the stupid ones because we were never a basketball school.

And it's all to try and convince themselves that they were right gosh darn it and I don't care what you say! I'm a winner! ...... and nobody is really living back then except the ones who preached and demanded that Stans be fired.

People like me have moved on except to keep people from distorting the past. Howland will win unless people try to force him out too soon. We are all trying to look forward except for when distorted facts are presented. To keep bringing it up with every loss we have as justification isn't needed and serves no purpose.