Thread: ESPN

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    So you don't like Tebow or Dak's back story being talked about? The part many of you are missing is that ESPN and journalist have ALWAYS talked about the lives of athletes. The difference isn't as much in the coverage as it is in the actual athletes.

Jenner used to be an athlete. I didn't care for them giving him/her an award either but we are sitting here talking about it a year later which is exactly why they did it. I didn't care to watch Michael Sam kiss his boyfriend in the mouth but it is a moment I will never forget no matter how hard I try. That's just TV in general. Shock value sells.

The most interesting part is that the argument that PC is killng ESPN but espn just jettisoned the dead weight of people who didn't do it and kept those who did. Maybe just maybe they know those they are losing aren't their target demographic anymore anyway. My guess is they are going after millennials and women.

P.S. this liberal has learned his lesson about who gets banned around here and for what. Let's just say those who cry about people being PC sure try to keep this place their type of PC.
    Tebow, not really. Dak.....Maybe, but I like watching him play even more. The ONLY reason I am even remotely interested in Dak's is he is a MSU man. That's what MSU media is for, and Dallas media. Whatever happened to just enjoying The GAMES? Of those I mentioned the human interest stuff is the least objectionable by far. Politics and social justice engineering, of whatever stripe, when mixed with sports make me want to change the channel. That includes having females comment in what are generally considered male sports.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 04-27-2017 at 05:42 PM.