Quote Originally Posted by JoseBrown View Post
It's looking to me like they decided the juco's are enough this year, at least that's all we'll be left with come signing day..hope they work out...
They're just missing on targets. Even with the JUCO's- we missed on Hayes, Guidry, and Nixon this year despite the fact that yes it was a good JUCO haul. Again, there is a reason why Dan wants the early NSD more than any other coach in the SEC. For whatever reason, we have struggled past December. Adding Peterson and Austin seems to have helped minimally. Like I said before- the common theme with most of our de-commits if you read between the lines in their interviews is "the other school just seemed to want me more". More than likely that's the real root of the problem- we have to do a better job of letting players know that they are wanted and stay on them until they sign the LOI. Player development is good, but if you lack talent it's only going to take you so far. Missing out on recruits was why we were under the 85 man scholarship limit and had to play two walk-on LB's a good bit in reserve roles.

It also seems like we lack awareness at times with the recruiting situation of certain players. Hiring a certain coach on our staff completely took us right out of the Akers scene right off the bat. Had we recruited and offered Kaleem Reddix, he would have probably helped us with recruiting some of the other in state players like Jonnas Spivey helped us a couple of years ago. Which was one of Dan's highest rated classes to date with Peters and Leo. And not that I think Reddix is a SEC player but if he can help you get 3-4 other legit SEC players and make that process easier, I would definitely trade a scholarship for that.

So, to me those seem to be the two biggest issues that we have in recruiting right now in general across the board without knowing all of the inner workings and behind the scenes things. Heck our best recruiter right now is probably Chris Boniol if he indeed does flip Bulovas to go along with the Army All-American punter we have as a commit. When was the last time we've had Army All-Americans at every position group in a class ever? That's impressive.