Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
I wonder what Bran will do when he sees a Hodor wight? Especially since Hodor's entire life was screwed specifically because of Bran. Just 2 direwolves left, Ghost and Nymeria. I am going to be pissed if something happens to Ghost. I wonder if they even bring Nymeria back into the picture since Arya isn't linked to her like in the books. I really thought reading the books that the direwolves were going to be more than pets but the show is definitely leaning that way.
As engie and I have been saying, you can no longer take anything that happens in the show as an indication of what will happen in the books. They've diverged in completely different directions. It's explicitly clear that the direwolves are avatars of the Stark children in the books. They do seem to be nothing more than pets in the show. Also of note: Euron wins the crown with the Dragon Horn in the books. He won it with nothing more than a speech Sunday night. Theon is nowhere near the kingsmoot in the books. No Victarion at all in the show. Stannis is still alive in the books. Roose is the f'n boss in the books and is always a step ahead of Ramsey. I could go on and on with the differences.

They're going to get to roughly the same endgame, but you just can't compare the books and the show anymore. They're completely different now.