I've seen multiple people mention that Diaz has said that this year's defense will be the best he has EVER had. I feel like a statement like this, especially from a coach, is best left unsaid unless you are 100% confident in the statement. With Manny's best defense + a top 3 SEC offense lead by a 5th year Senior heisman candidate QB, I don't think anyone, including us as fans, really knows what's about to take the field on the night of Septemeber 12th. As much as we all hated 1A/1B last year, it might be the leading factor to our success this year, outside of the obvious ones, like Dak and Bear. And honestly I'm starting to believe that 1A/1B wasn't Collins, but rather Mullen recognizing that we would be losing so much last year and knew that returning experience on the defense would be key this year. I guarantee 9 out of 10 college football experts would tell you that we are one of the top 3 youngest/inexperienced teams in the SEC, when in reality, our whole 2 deep is upperclassmen. If this isn't the year, I don't know what is.