Beastman's post yesterday regarding the Bulliet rye this week got me thinking, and we have not done a weekly bourbon post in a while, so I pulled out my collection to give them a run through.

Willett - This is highly rated by most folks out there, and I know of several that horde these. I hate it. I can not find one redeeming thing about this bottle. It doesn?t drink well neat, on ice, mixed, or vatted with something else. This is close to what I consider the worst bottle I own, and definitely money wasted.

Sazerac - This one is very good, and is in my top two rye whiskeys. It drinks easily neat, and wont overpower cocktails.

Bulliet - Much like the Saz, this one drinks like a bourbon, and is one of my top ryes. It is a bit hotter than the Saz, which makes it better for mixing a wider variety of cocktails out of the two.

Wild Turkey - This was the first rye I owned. I purchased this for cocktail mixing during Mad Men season three circa 2010. At 101 proof, this is a great mixer, and I have used this entire bottle on Old Fashioneds almost exclusively.

Rittenhouse - This is a recent addition to the cabinet as it is billed as the bartenders favorite. Reportedly, this was less than $20 a bottle a few years ago. I paid $23ish at the AL ABC store. I have not spent near enough time with this one to make a completely informed decision yet.

If I had to rank them, best to worst:

Tie - 1- Sazerac
Tie - 1- Bulliet
2. Wild Turkey
3. Rittenhouse
4. Willett