Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
I just can't buy Rhaegar still being alive. He was killed IN BATTLE. Too many people would have seen him die for it to be anyone else. If Rhaegar was alive, it would have leaked from someone. But I can certainly go along with the idea that there might have been at least one more survivor at the TOJ.

Btw, rumors are flying that GRRM is going to have to split his book aGAIN. Apparently one of the editors sent a tweet implying that WOW will be split. I hate that fat bastard. Kill some more POV people, start narrowing down the story, and get the damn series finished already. Hell, the TV show is starting to rapidly catch up with the books. If GRRM doesn't get WOW released in the next year, the TV show will be approaching a point of bypassing the books in some places.

ETA: Why don't we title TV threads GoT and book threads ASOIAF so we can easily differentiate and TV only people can avoid spoilers? Just a thought I had.
i actually find that somewhat comforting. it implies they have a date set for the release, and that he can't make it but can if the book is split, so that date has to be SOON. like spring/summer 2015. falls in line with my theory that WoW was set for Fall 2014, but they realized GRRM wouldn't make it so they pushed back the LoIaF to then. If you know much about major book releases, it's like movies, they set the release date WAY ahead of time after considering competing releases, peak purchase periods, etc. If he splits the book, he can focus now on finishing the storylines that the show is threatening on ruining, and put the others in the next book.