Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
I agree with a lot of your point about us not being LSU level and fans expectations being a little too unrealistic. I think they are that way because from 2013-2023 we went to 4 CWS, 6 Supers, and 7 Regionals. I mean we were on a hell of a 10 year run and Lemonis derailed it. Whether by injuries, mismanagement, or bad hiring it was derailed. All he had to do was just not screw it up, but he has managed to really screw it up. I think we are coming out of the 2 year low and getting back to respectability but to get back to the level we were at the end of Cohen is going to take some time. I also think our stadium being as palatial as it is has set a standard. I have said time and time again that stadium was not built for April. It was built for June. So when you build a stadium for that time of year, then the expectation is that you will be playing that time of year almost every year.
And I agree with this. We shouldnt miss the Tourney but once a decade- maybe twice if something happens like in 2022 when we had devastating injuries to our top pitchers. I guess that's the difference between me and most others here. Lemon got a pass for 2022 from me. Losing what we lost to graduation and then injuries was too much to overcome. He obviously gets no pass for 2023. So here we are in 2024 waiting on the verdict.

The team competes, hustles, and works to win. Find a closer and let's get a good spot in the Tourney. If not? Let's hire someone else and get to work.