Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If Mississippi is THAT far ahead of MSU then

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    To the extent they were? No. Brewer and Freeze got down in the streets.

We had a coach that would go toe to toe with them recruiting. But others did not.
    Look, I’ve seen the inside of this like few here have. I have family named in an NCAA investigation. We have been playing the game hard for a long long time. The difference between us and the confederates is we didn’t wear it like a badge of honor we try to keep our mouths shut. Please don’t try and cast us a pure as the driven snow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Look, I?ve seen the inside of this like few here have. I have family named in an NCAA investigation. We have been playing the game hard for a long long time. The difference between us and the confederates is we didn?t wear it like a badge of honor we try to keep our mouths shut. Please don?t try and cast us a pure as the driven snow.
    I believe you. But I wasn't saying we were pure as snow. I was saying they're dirty AF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Look, I?ve seen the inside of this like few here have. I have family named in an NCAA investigation. We have been playing the game hard for a long long time. The difference between us and the confederates is we didn?t wear it like a badge of honor we try to keep our mouths shut. Please don?t try and cast us a pure as the driven snow.
    Don't try to tell them that. We got Jones and Simmons bc they liked us more. So much more we offered them nothing and they turned down a bag of cash from the rebs and bama ******

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Don't try to tell them that. We got Jones and Simmons bc they liked us more. So much more we offered them nothing and they turned down a bag of cash from the rebs and bama ******
    Not to mention Leo Lewis, Willie Evans and so many others.

vCash
    I don't have the inside scoop like you guys. However I can see what happens on signing day.

However two instances that I can remember.... barber shop, 1980s. My barber was a big State fan. He said the West Point brothers would be Bulldogs. Signing day came and they signed with OM and Brewer. Barber said OM made them offer that beat ours.

Fast forward many more years, Moorhead era. My ACC buddy, his son was being recruited. 3 star. I told him OM would pull out all the stops. He laughed at me. After their visit to OM and State and his recruitment was all over. He came back and agreed with me. He said OM was the shadiest visit they went on. He said States visit was the most vanilla and our compliance made sure they weren't doing anything or in any places they shouldn't be. He said after the visits OM rang his phone off the hook. State never followed up. These are the type things I'm talking about more so than a bag. But I'm sure every situation is different.