Thread: Arky OL coach Cody Kennedy

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I haven't seen a fan base so happy to get rid of a coach since MSU and Peter Sirmon. It's a concern for me but I see many of our fans are rationalizing.
    It is a concern for sure. But fans are emotional and short sited, and will throw a player or coach to the curb if the most recent results didn't go the way they wanted. Many State fans wanted Mullen fired during 2016, for example.

On Kennedy, there's 2 options:

1) he's a bad OL coach that somehow put together good units for years

2) he's a good OL coach that for some reason had a decline at Arky his last 1.5 years.

I've seen Arky fans say his OLs missed assignments, had terrible form, false started all the time... but if that's actually indicative of Kennedy's coaching, he'd have never made it out of Tulane. I also saw them say he was an awful developer of talent, but they were starting 2 2nd players at OT so it seems unfair to levy at him. Overall it's odd things fell apart at Arky but it just seems unlikely he had such a good run of OLs if he can't actually coach... and an OL coach at HC, you'd think Pittman would be able to sniff out his supposed incompetence before year 3, you know?
    Last edited by the_real_MSU_is_us; 12-02-2023 at 03:55 PM.