Thread: Arky OL coach Cody Kennedy

vCash

Arky OL coach Cody Kennedy

I thought we had already hired an OL coach but?

https://www.on3.com/college/mississi...-cody-kennedy/

---- Please don't link to Facebook...... Link fixed - Scooba
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 12-01-2023 at 09:51 AM.

vCash
    Ark is jumping for joy because he is leaving, but their Online didn’t just get horrible all of a sudden… I think Enid had a lot to do with it. Everything was so slow to develop.

The dude has too many accomplishments to suck all of a sudden…

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Ark is jumping for joy because he is leaving, but their Online didn’t just get horrible all of a sudden… I think Enid had a lot to do with it. Everything was so slow to develop.

The Hogs were happy with him for three years. Those three years Kendall Briles was the OC. He's the perfect fit for Lebby's style of Veer & Shoot.

vCash

This guy looks like an OL coach.
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    Guys, I feel that I need to point out that if we do this, we are only two letters away from creating an international incident. **

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    Guys, I feel that I need to point out that if we do this, we are only two letters away from creating an international incident. **
    Point taken, nice pull.

vCash
    He needs to be judged on body of work as opposed to this season. Same with Mcbath.

Did Mcbath just suddenly become a shitty coach or did we lack talent and speed at cb?
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    He needs to be judged on body of work as opposed to this season. Same with Mcbath.

Did Mcbath just suddenly become a shitty coach or did we lack talent and speed at cb?
    wait is Mcbath being retained or is he gone? One thing I like about Mcbath, he played for Leach and was developed by Leach during his coaching experience. I know he is a smart guy if Leach recommended him to be on his staff back in 2020.

vCash
    He gone
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    He gone
    was hoping we could keep him - i think he is good;

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post

It really started against Liberty near the end of 2022. In 2021 Arkansas had a great OL, and the first half of 2022 they were pretty solid too. Gotten progressively worse since.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    It really started against Liberty near the end of 2022. In 2021 Arkansas had a great OL, and the first half of 2022 they were pretty solid too. Gotten progressively worse since.
    Why didn't Pittman fire him?

Banned
    vCash
    Pittman is an OL guy himself and knew it wasn't all Kennedy's fault

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    Why didn't Pittman fire him?
    His contract was going to run out in February and hadn?t been renewed. Pittman typically lets coaches try to find other jobs first. They?re still very close. Enos is the only one I can remember being flat-out fired and that was basically forced on him lol

Pittman is very high on Kennedy but after a season like that I don?t think there?s any choice, the fans were ready to pack his bags themselves lol.

vCash
    HC under fire have to make moves like this to save their job. I have no clue about Kennedy but his resume is much better than Friend's. It seems a step up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    HC under fire have to make moves like this to save their job. I have no clue about Kennedy but his resume is much better than Friend's. It seems a step up.
    No where to go but up from Friend. What a disaster.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    I haven't seen a fan base so happy to get rid of a coach since MSU and Peter Sirmon. It's a concern for me but I see many of our fans are rationalizing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I haven't seen a fan base so happy to get rid of a coach since MSU and Peter Sirmon. It's a concern for me but I see many of our fans are rationalizing.
    It is a concern for sure. But fans are emotional and short sited, and will throw a player or coach to the curb if the most recent results didn't go the way they wanted. Many State fans wanted Mullen fired during 2016, for example.

On Kennedy, there's 2 options:

1) he's a bad OL coach that somehow put together good units for years

2) he's a good OL coach that for some reason had a decline at Arky his last 1.5 years.

I've seen Arky fans say his OLs missed assignments, had terrible form, false started all the time... but if that's actually indicative of Kennedy's coaching, he'd have never made it out of Tulane. I also saw them say he was an awful developer of talent, but they were starting 2 2nd players at OT so it seems unfair to levy at him. Overall it's odd things fell apart at Arky but it just seems unlikely he had such a good run of OLs if he can't actually coach... and an OL coach at HC, you'd think Pittman would be able to sniff out his supposed incompetence before year 3, you know?
    Last edited by the_real_MSU_is_us; 12-02-2023 at 03:55 PM.