Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stonka Down to 2

vCash

Stonka Down to 2

State and Mississippi

vCash

vCash
    i rarely (never) advocate to overpay for recruits, but this is almost one that you have to just give him the money to avoid another AJ situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IngomarDawg View Post
    i rarely (never) advocate to overpay for recruits, but this is almost one that you have to just give him the money to avoid another AJ situation.
    So I have not seen the kid play so I will defer to someone who would know, but is this kid worth all the trouble we are going to have to go through to get him? Like is he a day 1 difference maker or someone like Rufus Harvey who we are not going to see for his first two years on campus?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    So I have not seen the kid play so I will defer to someone who would know, but is this kid worth all the trouble we are going to have to go through to get him? Like is he a day 1 difference maker or someone like Rufus Harvey who we are not going to see for his first two years on campus?
    Or a guy who's really a DB?

vCash
    He is definitely better than Rufus.

I think he could be a difference maker from day 1.

vCash
    On the scale of Rufus Harvey to AJ Brown, he is way closer to AJ Brown.

As a reminder, Rufus was not a highly sought after recruit. He had a big senior year and we took him because he was in our backyard. Stonka is big and physical. He is not elite like AJ but certainly closer to that end of the spectrum.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sack07 View Post

As a reminder, Rufus was not a highly sought after recruit. He had a big senior year and we took him because he was in our backyard. Stonka is big and physical. He is not elite like AJ but certainly closer to that end of the spectrum.
    That is what I was looking for. Makes a lot of sense. Basically, it would not be a bad overpay if we had to overpay for him.

vCash
    I've seen him and feel that he is game 1 ready next season

vCash

Get us a portal QB that he knows can throw it 50 yards and tell him be our man beater. Let's go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Get us a portal QB that he knows can throw it 50 yards and tell him be our man beater. Let's go.
    I feel like we have 4-5 man beaters already on the roster. Tulu, Zavion, JRob, and Creed I feel are all man beaters.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Stonka can play. There are some folks out there that feel good about our chances now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Stonka can play. There are some folks out there that feel good about our chances now
    Hearing the same.

vCash
    He's better than Harvey. Significantly. He could be a starter either side of the ball. Day 1 starter???

vCash
    I feel like we have 4-5 man beaters already on the roster. Tulu, Zavion, JRob, and Creed I feel are all man beaters.
    That's a huge assumption that all are here..... but possible. Zavion will be a roller coaster.

vCash

That's fair. He's close to aj. But not a sure fire nfl guy but it's possible for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    That's a huge assumption that all are here..... but possible. Zavion will be a roller coaster.
    Zavion and Tulu will be a rollercoaster. I will go ahead and let everyone in on that. Getting Zavion that Google deal was an absolute stroke of genius by Charlie. That might be what ends up keeping him here in the end.

vCash
    Too Loose needs to be at JSU. We don’t need him. Head case

vCash
    I don't understand our fan's infatuation with our wideouts like WE HAVE TO KEEP THEM!! All these guys (Zavion, Tulu, Creed etc) to this point have proven replaceable

vCash
    Zavion and Tulu will be a rollercoaster. I will go ahead and let everyone in on that. Getting Zavion that Google deal was an absolute stroke of genius by Charlie. That might be what ends up keeping him here in the end.
    I didn't include tulu bc I assume he's gone until he's back here on campus. Don't have much thought of him returning. Would be a pleasant surprise. Not saying it's impossible. Just not counting it