Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chad Bumphis Staying

vCash

Chad Bumphis Staying

Tweeted that he is staying

vCash
    Good deal

vCash
    Glad he’s staying for recruiting BUT I wasn’t impressed with the WR group for most of the season. Bad route running and dropped catches. Maybe it wasn’t all Bumps fault. I guess we will see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Op4isabitch View Post
    Glad he’s staying for recruiting BUT I wasn’t impressed with the WR group for most of the season. Bad route running and dropped catches. Maybe it wasn’t all Bumps fault. I guess we will see.
    Glad he's staying but he has to do better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Op4isabitch View Post
    Utah fans said exactly this when we hired him. Good recruiter, but sloppy play and mediocre development. They were very "'meh" on him overall

vCash
    Let's see what they look like when the players are held accountable with expectations from the HC and no promises are made of playing not matter what.

vCash
    Glad to hear.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Let's see what they look like when the players are held accountable with expectations from the HC and no promises are made of playing not matter what.
    I'm willing to give him a shot. Like bump as a dude.

vCash
    Lebby wants him so I will give him a chance. I have a feeling Lebby will not put up with the crap we saw from our receivers this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I'm willing to give him a shot. Like bump as a dude.
    Yeah, Bump is a dude. Lebby will have a lot different and higher expectations. Bump needs to get it and drill into several of the WR's heads.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardDrayton View Post
    Glad he's staying but he has to do better.
    I'm of the same opinion. I really want him to succeed here.

vCash
    My biggest issue is that several WR's didn't like blocking and it showed. Also, lets just say it, Tulu's effort sucked the last half of the season, but they kept putting him out there.

I can't wait until we land a few difference makers in the portal and let Tulu know that if he thinks he can give the same effort as last year, he can jump in the portal and see what he can get.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    My biggest issue is that several WR's didn't like blocking and it showed. Also, lets just say it, Tulu's effort sucked the last half of the season, but they kept putting him out there.

I can't wait until we land a few difference makers in the portal and let Tulu know that if he thinks he can give the same effort as last year, he can jump in the portal and see what he can get.
    That's exactly what Lebby told the players in their meetings. There are expectations to being a part of the team and production requirements to play. If they can't do it, they will bring in someone else who can.

vCash
    The tune on Bumphis changed pretty quick. Everyone was ready to get rid of him during the season. What's the change of heart now? It's great he's an alum but it's clear the wr coaching was horrible. Why chance the same thing happening next season? Sounds like he wasn't impressive at Utah either.

vCash
    Was it clear? If the guy above you is a freakin moron there isn't much you can do.

What I saw:
    WR drops - meh, is that the coach the delivery or crappy WRs?
    Bad routes - we already know barbay was garbage, might be a symptom of that more than the we coach
    No effort - that's a symptom of the players saying they're done with the system. Yeah he could do a better job getting them to suck it up but...

Is he a good WR coach? I have no idea but I wouldn't judge many position coaches or players based on this years disaster. Effort yes, Tulu can suck it, but execution, I'm not sure you can blame the players or position coaches based on how bad the top was.

vCash
    Makes sense. I can see lebby wanting to keep bumphis because it will help with a couple of our WR staying and with a few of our WR targets. But I bet it will be a 1 year deal if bumphis doesn't grow up and demand some accountability in a hurry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawghouse View Post
    Was it clear? If the guy above you is a freakin moron there isn't much you can do.

What I saw:
    WR drops - meh, is that the coach the delivery or crappy WRs?
    Bad routes - we already know barbay was garbage, might be a symptom of that more than the we coach
    No effort - that's a symptom of the players saying they're done with the system. Yeah he could do a better job getting them to suck it up but...

Is he a good WR coach? I have no idea but I wouldn't judge many position coaches or players based on this years disaster. Effort yes, Tulu can suck it, but execution, I'm not sure you can blame the players or position coaches based on how bad the top was.
    If we are all honest, no one on here really knows who is directly responsible for the shit wr play. We should give him a shot, but someone is responsible for the wr blocking like kittens and running into each in the last 17n game of the year.

There are 3 reasons or a combination thereof:

1. The O coord system/method sucked
    2. The players are dumb or don?t give a 17
    3. The wr coach did not effectively coach them or hold them accountable.
    3b. The wr coach was not empowered to bench, select who plays the most, or how to teach.

Unless directly involved, none of us know.

vCash
    I'm fine with Bumphis coming back but I would like to see him be a slot receivers coach and be the "recruiter" and then hire an outside WR's coach who can be the technical WR coach guy.

I'm not going to pin all of everything on Bumphis last year but his group better step it up this year.

vCash
    I bet we see more of Creed this upcoming season. If you can’t/don’t like to block as a wr then you need to quit. WR’s are expected to block at all levels of the game. Tulu’s lazy ass would be riding pine until the light comes on or he transfers out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    That, and they now have a guy who can actually teach the system he is running.
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett