Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IMHO no previous FB staff member should be retained, NOBODY!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Speaking of head of recruiting, whom is going to fill the GM role? I'm assuming we will have one
    Lebby has his own guy. I heard a guy coming for sc position but I'll save the name.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I have came to the same conclusion. If this was Mike Schmidt coaching receivers or Kevin Barbay and they looked like this we would have been screaming for them to go. Some are trying to make excuses because Bumphis played at State. His group was just plain BAD. They had way too much talent and ability to look like they did this year.
    Correct. It's the greatest double standard ever. I get it he's one of our own but the wr were atrocious. So if it's the coaches fault at one position it's his for wr.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    If we can get Stonka back (which you can't blame on Bump), we'll sign 3 4-star WRs in his first recruiting cycle!
    If we get stonka it won't be bc of bump. Just like losing him wasn't bumps fault.

vCash
    Don?t we have to pay Bumphis 1.2mil if we don?t retain him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Bumphis is staying. And I don?t see how Bumphis can be judged by this dumpster fire of an offense this year. Kyle Whittingham obviously thought Bumphis could coach
    So we should keep friend too??? I'm trying to figure out the difference. And look I'm ok w keeping bump if Lebby wants to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Correct. It's the greatest double standard ever. I get it he's one of our own but the wr were atrocious. So if it's the coaches fault at one position it's his for wr.
    You thought Tulu and Zavion were atrocious? Naw, they weren't. Robinson was banged up has a bad attitude. Walley was hurt. We played too much TE BS. Refused to play Creed. We had WRs wide ass open all season with nobody to get them the ball. The HC and OC were awful. The team was done with what was happening out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tough Dawg View Post
    Don?t we have to pay Bumphis 1.2mil if we don?t retain him?
    Bump if he was in a 3 year deal yeas more than that but I only knew the assistants were in 2 years deals. But maybe he was the exception

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    You thought Tulu and Zavion were atrocious? Naw, they weren't. Robinson was banged up has a bad attitude. Walley was hurt. We played too much TE BS. Refused to play Creed. We had WRs wide ass open all season with nobody to get them the ball. The HC and OC were awful.
    No. They caught it when we threw it to them. However, they blocked when they were the target multiple times on screens. They blocked downfield when everyone else thought they should be on a pass route. They screwed up mesh routes multiple times. So is that on the kids ? Maybe. But every other position our shitty play is in the coaches. So yeah, our wr play was bad. It happened a lot.

Eta and yes the head coach and O.C. were awful we can agree on that. Just one see why umi gets a pass. And again, I like bump. And clearly, I'm not the only one who saw it. I didn't make it up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    I mean he's being kept...so, it's kind of a moot point, but we're about to get Mario Craver...another 4-star, if we can get Stonka back, that's 3...have we ever signed 3 4-star receivers in the same class? Hell, have we ever signed 2?
    I'm ok w keeping him. Better do better though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    You thought Tulu and Zavion were atrocious? Naw, they weren't. Robinson was banged up has a bad attitude. Walley was hurt. We played too much TE BS. Refused to play Creed. We had WRs wide ass open all season with nobody to get them the ball. The HC and OC were awful. The team was done with what was happening out there.
    Tulu's attitude and body language were pretty bad at the end of the year.