Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is what #SwagIsState means to Lebby, respectfully

vCash

This is what #SwagIsState means to Lebby, respectfully

Wanted to come back & say apologies & I'm sorry to my older/respected/financially supporting MSU fans for my earlier post. This is what Lebby meant when he said Swag is State:

1. Lebby said this on Sunday night (11/26) at the airport when he came off the plane, you can see the video anywhere online and you can verify this for yourself.
    2. Lebby DID NOT mean Swag is free stuff or free gear - he meant Swag is SWAGGER, which defined means: very confident, very aggressive, very attacking. Again, Swag does not mean free stuff.
    3. Lebby referenced the defenses from the Jackie & Joe Lee Dunn & even the Mullen defenses too, playing with Swagger.
    4. Lebby meant those MSU defenses played with a certain amount of "Swagger" with intensity, intimidating, tough, hard-nosed & exciting. It was an exciting defense to watch, but our offenses lacked excitement.
    5. Lebby meant he wants to bring the defensive swagger back, but don't limit it to just defense, we need to be very confident, very aggressive, very attacking on Offense, recruiting, NIL & transfer portal too, for our entire FB program.
    6. When STATE's team is "Swagger" is when we've gone far & won championships = #SwagIsState or Swagger is State. - see 1998 team.
    7. When STATE's team is "Swagger" is when we are a feared program that other schools don't want to play. = #SwagIsState or Swagger is State. - see 1998 team.
    8. Lebby really meant, our identity as a football program is built on passion, intensity and toughness, a type of Swagger attitudes of being very confident, very aggressive, very attacking.
    9. I ask all of you this: Do you want our Defenses (and Offense, ST, etc) to play with the fire of Ashley Cooper? or Robert Bean? or Fred Smoot? This = #SwagIsState.
    10. Lebby wants to go back to recruiting those players like Cooper, Bean, Smoot, to bring back that type of swagger = #SwagIsState
    11. When MSU plays with that type of "Swagger" then we've won championships under Sherrill/JL Dunn (almost w/Mullen) - bring it back because, when STATE has "Swagger" then we win = #SwagIsState.

vCash
    Holy crap please make it stop
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Just wanted to clarify. This is my last post on this issue. Some posters were asking what it meant and sincerely wanted to know...sorry C34, lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by woof View Post
    Wanted to come back & say apologies & I'm sorry to my older/respected/financially supporting MSU fans for my earlier post. This is what Lebby meant when he said Swag is State:

1. Lebby said this on Sunday night (11/26) at the airport when he came off the plane, you can see the video anywhere online and you can verify this for yourself.
    2. Lebby DID NOT mean Swag is free stuff or free gear - he meant Swag is SWAGGER, which defined means: very confident, very aggressive, very attacking. Again, Swag does not mean free stuff.
    3. Lebby referenced the defenses from the Jackie & Joe Lee Dunn & even the Mullen defenses too, playing with Swagger.
    4. Lebby meant those MSU defenses played with a certain amount of "Swagger" with intensity, intimidating, tough, hard-nosed & exciting. It was an exciting defense to watch, but our offenses lacked excitement.
    5. Lebby meant he wants to bring the defensive swagger back, but don't limit it to just defense, we need to be very confident, very aggressive, very attacking on Offense, recruiting, NIL & transfer portal too, for our entire FB program.
    6. When STATE's team is "Swagger" is when we've gone far & won championships = #SwagIsState or Swagger is State. - see 1998 team.
    7. When STATE's team is "Swagger" is when we are a feared program that other schools don't want to play. = #SwagIsState or Swagger is State. - see 1998 team.
    8. Lebby really meant, our identity as a football program is built on passion, intensity and toughness, a type of Swagger attitudes of being very confident, very aggressive, very attacking.
    9. I ask all of you this: Do you want our Defenses (and Offense, ST, etc) to play with the fire of Ashley Cooper? or Robert Bean? or Fred Smoot? This = #SwagIsState.
    10. Lebby wants to go back to recruiting those players like Cooper, Bean, Smoot, to bring back that type of swagger = #SwagIsState
    11. When MSU plays with that type of "Swagger" then we've won championships under Sherrill/JL Dunn (almost w/Mullen) - bring it back because, when STATE has "Swagger" then we win = #SwagIsState.
    Lets get this chizzled into a few pieces of rock and set them up in the Junction.

vCash
    OPb didn't know what swag is?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    OPb didn't know what swag is?
    People thought it meant free stuff somehow lol

vCash

vCash
    I find it hard to believe people actually thought it meant free stuff and I'm a old fart that's been pulling for State since the 60's.
    Last edited by dawggoneit; 11-28-2023 at 02:32 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Never. He's your new best friend... Have fun. My gift to you...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawggoneit View Post
    I find it hard to believe people actually thought it meant free stuff and I'm a old fart that's been pulling for State since the 60's.
    100% serious! If you look on social media posts, you will see some fans (profile said: conservative, traditional, religious) did not know what it meant and wanted an explanation, lol. You can go research & confirm it for yourself, you will see some of them online social media posts, lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by woof View Post
    100% serious! If you look on social media posts, you will see some fans (profile said: conservative, traditional, religious) did not know what it meant and wanted an explanation, lol. You can go research & confirm it for yourself, you will see some of them online social media posts, lol.
    #SwagIsState reminds me of George Bush's "Dreams take wing" statement. Sounded good at first, but doesn't really mean a whole hell of a lot.

vCash
    How old are some of yall?

vCash
    neither did the word "groovey" make a lot of sense but lots of people used in my youth for a very long time and we also smoked cigarettes. James Dean did look cool as hell with a cigarette, never mind it will kill you.

vCash
    AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGUUUUUHHHH!

vCash
    I'm the old fart that asked what you thought #SwagIsState meant. You provided a plausible explanation using Coach Lebby's own words to mean a "confident moxie", very reasonable.

However if one were to do a synonym search of the word swagger, moxie doesn't come up. Words such as bluster, gloat, prance, peacock, brag, put on airs, etc. will be what you find. Only digging deeper will you finally reveal the word "confidence".

As one poster said, context matters.

Now synonyms for moxie, reveal such words as determination, tenacity, courage, etc.

Never once, did I imply that swag meant free stuff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoDawg View Post
    I'm the old fart that asked what you thought #SwagIsState meant. You provided a plausible explanation using Coach Lebby's own words to mean a "confident moxie", very reasonable.

However if one were to do a synonym search of the word swagger, moxie doesn't come up. Words such as bluster, gloat, prance, peacock, brag, put on airs, etc. will be what you find. Only digging deeper will you finally reveal the word "confidence".

As one poster said, context matters.

Now synonyms for moxie, reveal such words as determination, tenacity, courage, etc.

Never once, did I imply that swag meant free stuff.

He was referring to me. I listed the meaning of Swag and the meaning of swagger. He assumed I was under the impression Lebby meant free stuff, which is wrong. I am not going to keep explaining why I think it sounds dumb or doesn't make a whole lot of sense. If Swag makes people go nuts, great. If it brings in recruits, cool. I am all for it. Still sounds dumb.

vCash
    1. Nah I'm pretty sure by swag he meant free stuff.
    2. You know Like swag players get at bowl games.
    3. He wants more free stuff for players kind of like how NIL works
    4. Im pretty sure this is what he meant because I used context clues to decipher the meaning

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MBDawg601 View Post
    He was referring to me. I listed the meaning of Swag and the meaning of swagger. He assumed I was under the impression Lebby meant free stuff, which is wrong. I am not going to keep explaining why I think it sounds dumb or doesn't make a whole lot of sense. If Swag makes people go nuts, great. If it brings in recruits, cool. I am all for it. Still sounds dumb.
    I did not assume anything, you wrote it down. It?s right there you can go see what you wrote. I simply replied and said that is wrong and that also context matters. You can think it sounds dumb I totally get that. I think don?t stop believing in the 4th was cringe every year outside of 2014 but hell it made ppl happy so go for it.

vCash
    Last edited by MBDawg601; 11-28-2023 at 05:08 PM.

vCash
    del
    Last edited by lastmajordog; 11-28-2023 at 09:33 PM.