Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dear MSU old head fans, #SwagisState is here & get used to it!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by woof View Post
    def would never want my parents put down & respect them very much & will always take care of them, its my duty. Again, can understand the 80/20 rule and how it was explained by ReallyClark. Sorry again my (older) guys...as my msu grandad says, you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar, lol.
    Good to hear.

You don't have to flatter old guys with honey, just be respectful of the wisdom and experience they bring.

The idea that just because an idea, person or tradition is old that it is no good is flat our wrong. New ain't always better. But as a middle aged guy, I am always looking for better ways of doing things but I don't change just to be changing without understanding it. And I never want to compromise what is important (values, integrity, character) - some of the bedrock absolute truths of right and wrong. All the other stuff is just opinion and I don't mind anyone having a different one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MBDawg601 View Post
    That is exactly what it means.
    Nope. Context matters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    That isnt what swag means lol

I get it is used synonymously as free stuff, but when a recruit says something like ?state got that swag? after a visit everyone knows what that means
    So what does it mean? We getting lectures from some about how great it is but no one knows what it means?

Seems the problem today is we are all style and no substance. An app don't put food on the table.

vCash
    Nope. Context matters.
    If he is referring to swag as short for swagger - I explained what swagger is. Swag is exactly what I said it is. There is no wiggle room around it, unless you are using Swag as a shortened Swagger.

I never in a million years thought I would be debating what the meaning of swag and swagger is, but here we are.

vCash
    Woof just needs to explain to us old farts what #strain was.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    So what does it mean? We getting lectures from some about how great it is but no one knows what it means?

Seems the problem today is we are all style and no substance. An app don't put food on the table.
    Everyone knows what swag means so not sure where youre getting that nobody knows. Im not sure what youre referring to here, dont think anyone in their right mind thinks we can tweet all day and win football games just doing that. But yeah, social media is a massive part of college football and we are leaning into it as one of many missing pieces we have gotten left behind in.

vCash
    Good explanation and I like it. Now, why didn't you try this approach to begin with instead of going on some "Ageist" rant.

vCash
    If he is referring to swag as short for swagger - I explained what swagger is. Swag is exactly what I said it is. There is no wiggle room around it, unless you are using Swag as a shortened Swagger.

I never in a million years thought I would be debating what the meaning of swag and swagger is, but here we are.
    You can stop debating yourself whenever you like. I mean youre straight up being disingenuous if you are trying to convince people we are tweeting about free gear. Idk what point you are trying to prove here

vCash
    Did you mean to come to this board and just piss everyone off?
    "False start everybody but the center" referee summarizing Arnett's season performance as a head coach.

vCash
    You can stop debating yourself whenever you like. I mean youre straight up being disingenuous if you are trying to convince people we are tweeting about free gear. Idk what point you are trying to prove here
    You are the one that responded to me saying that is not what swag means?

Swag (Short for swagger) Is something you have. #SwagIsState sounds cringey and doesn't make a whole lot of sense to majority of people, but then again some people think anything with the word swag it in is cool. I guess you are one of those.

vCash
    I haven't seen anyone complaining. What in the hell are you talking about?

vCash
    I get it. I am sure Adidas does a lot for us and wants us, all that jazz. This is about recruits and players. Look good, feel good, play good. Adidas doesn't excite anyone. I cannot remember the last time I actually bought a piece of Adidas performance wear that was not Mississippi State - and normally I talk myself out of buying that because it looks and feels terrible to wear.
    Again, Nike doesn't want us. Not based on their last offer. Would have been like moving from a 4 bedroom 4 bath those to a 2br 2 bath townhouse.... not comparable. It's business too

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Again, Nike doesn't want us. Not based on their last offer. Would have been like moving from a 4 bedroom 4 bath those to a 2br 2 bath townhouse.... not comparable. It's business too
    You probably know more than I do about the business side. Just speaking from the perspective of someone that would like to buy and wear the gear. We will see what happens. Our athletic department should partner with them to come up with some stuff that is appealing. I am sure they would listen to a degree if it would improve our SWAG.

vCash
    This 'old head' ain't reading all that.
    Happy for your though, or
    Sorry that it happened

vCash
    The last thing anybody with any real swagger is gonna do is come up with a cheesy slogan to draw attention to their swagger .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by woof View Post
    PSA to all old head MSU fans who are WAYYY to conservative, way too traditional, way too old head mentality of woe is mittittipi state: GTFO and understand this:

1. You old heads say you want better recruiting? then new coach comes in with fire/passion/new mentality and says something that rattles your conservative/traditional/scared/blue hair mentality, you know what? GTFO & enjoy the ride!
    2. You old heads say you want better product on the field? then new coach comes in with a vision & slogan for the program, but you old heads think its too much, you know what? GTFO & enjoy this ride!
    3. Dear old heads: This slogan IS NOT FOR YOU!!!! STOP ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS ON SOCIAL MEDIA!!!
    4. Dear old heads: YOU DON'T NEED TO UNDERSTAND the slogan!!! STOP ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS ON SOCIAL MEDIA!!!
    5. Dear old heads: Your 1970s, 80s & 90s time has come & gone, we don't need your old/scared mentality to continue to be Debbie downer and bad juju on our program. GTFO & enjoy the ride!
    6. Sick of these conservative morons trying to say: "Get rid of it" "Why this slogan?" - GTFO & enjoy the ride!
    7. We're using this slogan for RECRUITING! None of you old heads understand recruiting!
    8. We're using this slogan for our STUDENTS! None of you old heads understand students!
    9. We're using this slogan for SOCIAL MEDIA, MARKETING & BRANDING! None of you old heads understand the $ value of social media trending, web traffic, likes, clicks = BETTER RECRUITING, MORE STUDENTS!!
    10. You old heads say you want a better NIL? then get out of the way & allow this slogan!
    11. You old heads say you want players from the transfer portal? then stay out of the way & allow this slogan!
    12. Its a new day at MSU & you old heads don't need to understand it, just stay out of the way & enjoy this ride!
    13. SICK & TIRED of explaining this to our old ppl, just accept it, stop complaining to me with your traditional/conservative/scared attitudes!
    14. Just promise me this, when your old eyes & old minds read #SwagisState - let your attitude be RECRUITING, STUDENTS, NIL$, TRANSFER PORTAL & SOCIAL MEDIA!!!
    Good thing you're not in charge of NIL or any kind of MSU funding as you would have run off 80% of the alums doing the funding.

vCash
    Here is an Old Head Expression regarding the young whippersnappers: You're All Hat and No Cattle!

vCash
    Kid - and I use the term loosely because at 50 and being a silver haired devil - I still feel 30.....

You have decent, albeit miss-directed points. It's not all blue hairs holding things back - it is anyone who has an idealized version of the past and believe that recreating that is the only way to be successful.
    They are the people who brought us Polk II, Rick Ray, and Zach Arnett. They are the people who think Dudy Noble was a waste of money, don't believe NIL matters, and say things like "I'm done with MSU if..."
    Some of it is generational, but even in my youth I ran into those types amongst my own age.

Now - a perfect example of MSU missing the boat on "cool" points - why in the hell is not Warstic our official bat and baseball gear sponsor and have MSU as their premier team????
    One of our own started the company and yet, F#$%^& Missouri is their collegiate team???? WTF!
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Here is an Old Head Expression regarding the young whippersnappers: You're All Hat and No Cattle!

State is #AllCattle.

Hell that is more catchy than #SwagIsState

vCash
    Everyone knows what swag means so not sure where youre getting that nobody knows. Im not sure what youre referring to here, dont think anyone in their right mind thinks we can tweet all day and win football games just doing that. But yeah, social media is a massive part of college football and we are leaning into it as one of many missing pieces we have gotten left behind in.
    The poster gave you the definition of swag and swagger and you said he was wrong? I know what both mean just trying to see what it means by those putting it out. By your definition you used swag to mean swagger.

Having the little saying if fine but it don't win games. Deon got swag and swagger but it didn't win him nothing. Good teams win games, win games and you get organic swag, meaning real swag which is what we need, not made up swag from social media.

But hey if it makes some feel good, use it. But if you don't follow it up with the real thing, it means nothing.