Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DeMarco Murray as OC?

vCash

DeMarco Murray as OC?

Apparently it?s an option and Murray is considering. He?s RB coach at OU now.

vCash
    Yes, that's the rumor from OU as well

vCash
    That means Murray recruits well, and he holds alot of respect with the team. Also- he has a good football mind and would support Lebby well

All for it
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    What am I missing? Lebby just said he’s going to call plays himself. So what would DM do?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Op4isabitch View Post
    What am I missing? Lebby just said he?s going to call plays himself. So what would DM do?
    Take care of the other parts of the coordinator day to day stuff during the week but more importantly, RECRUIT! It may be a shared title thing as well.

vCash
    What am I missing? Lebby just said he’s going to call plays himself. So what would DM do?
    Lot more than just calling plays. OCs spend all week assisting with the offensive game plan, determining weaknesses and matchups, day of adjustments. These are all things Lebby will be pulled away from a bit as the HC now. Will be good to have someone familiar that knows his methods

vCash
    All teams have OCs, even if they don?t call plays. Game planning, lead offense meetings, etc

vCash
    Got it, thanks guys.

vCash
    Got it, thanks guys.
    Time to update the signature friend

vCash
    Demarco Murray would be a HUGE get.

vCash
    Murray is a pretty household name with recruits. He was a good NFL running back. So I could see where guys would want to come play for him.

vCash
    I think it would also help keep some guys like maybe Bumphis and Hughes around because Lebby could coach QB's therefore no need for an on field QB coach which would allow us to get a good WR coach and allow say Bumphis to maybe coach slot/inside receivers.

At least it's a potential option anyway.

vCash
    Loved him when he was with the Boys/

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    He would gameplan, hold meetings, Etc per Lebby. Also, gets him the title and pay raise and sets him up for for further promotion down the road.

vCash
    Your not missing anything, Lebby will call plays, OC will handle the day to day coaching duties !!!

vCash
    It'll just be a title.

Make him co-OC with Joe Jon Finley and let's roll

vCash
    DM is a guy who has been in the system a couple of years and knows it well enough for Jeff Lebby to trust him with the installation process during the week. Jeff will call the plays, but DM will be the guy responsible for the install during the week.
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    Lot more than just calling plays. OCs spend all week assisting with the offensive game plan, determining weaknesses and matchups, day of adjustments. These are all things Lebby will be pulled away from a bit as the HC now. Will be good to have someone familiar that knows his methods
    Plus, gets him on the path to becoming a play-calling OC one day. Just another bump up the coaching ladder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    DM is a guy who has been in the system a couple of years and knows it well enough for Jeff Lebby to trust him with the installation process during the week. Jeff will call the plays, but DM will be the guy responsible for the install during the week.
    Yeah Murray has been around Sumlin, Riley, and Lebby. At minimum he's offering him Co-OC. I imagine he wants to bring him and Finley as Co-OC's preferably.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    Yeah Murray has been around Sumlin, Riley, and Lebby. At minimum he's offering him Co-OC. I imagine he wants to bring him and Finley as Co-OC's preferably.
    I've seen talk that Finley is coming, and I've seen talk that he isn't. Lebby is also apparently close with the TE's coach at Ole Miss.
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett