Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interesting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Yeah, Mr George Bishop is worth over $3 billion now.
    Yep known that family a long time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Sandersons and Howard's, on up there too.
    Yep. I know some of them well. I'll text you this week. Lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Yep. I know some of them well. I'll text you this week. Lol
    Sounds good! I'm in Montgomery all week.

vCash
    You guys will soon realize C34 doesn?t know what he?s talking about.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    If we aren't there then they should post how close we are so at can rally some more money. I give monthly and gave some when that was announced. I'd give again if at needed a rally raise
    We are over 750k, per Charlie on Steve’s sight. It will happen.

vCash
    What luck!! Only at MSU would our billionaires hate sports!! What did we do long ago to inherit this curse??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    What luck!! Only at MSU would our billionaires hate sports!! What did we do long ago to inherit this curse??
    And people called me out for thinking it was stupid to not at least earmark like 15% of that insane amount of money towards sports

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Coach34 has become the biggest woe is us guy ever...what the hell man?

People are fired up, fired up equals willing to donate. We may not be able to buy a ton of 5 stars, but we can easily afford to address our needs in a big way. We don't have to shop at Dollar Tree. Poor pitiful MSU has deeper pockets than many programs in the country. And there are far more than just a few guys in the portal that are capable of helping us. It's not only about the money....a good QB ain't going to Vandy for $750k if he can sling it for Lebby for $600k for example. Doom and gloom isn't realistic. Buying a roster of studs isn't either, but if we are strategic in who we pay up for, we have PLENTY of money to succeed at a high level. And guess what success leads to....yep, more money. Gotta spend money to make money
    Coach 34 is right, whether you like it or not. Remember, NIL is throw away money. Every single year. Lebby is a great hire because he can find us a guy for less than top of the market, because he knows the kind of QB that can work his system. Much the same way The pirate could, but in a different system. Gabriel went to OU because of him. full stop. Had he stayed at OM he would have gone to OM imo. He will attract very talented QB's, so trust what he will do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Well of course he is going to be positive about it. But he knows he has his work cut out for him
    We have money for a qb.
    We can spend 5 million in the portal if we wanted to. We won't, but we could. Would not surprise me if we spend 3 million.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    If we aren't there then they should post how close we are so at can rally some more money. I give monthly and gave some when that was announced. I'd give again if at needed a rally raise
    We surpassed 750k yesterday

vCash
    Whatever we have raised in the portal thus far is not a yearly budget boys. If the Lebby hire gains us big donations, that will be stretched multiple years. There's no guarantee we have that kind of money year to year. I would agree we spend a hefty amount to re energize the program at year one, but we can't go spend big and waste it all. few programs have **** you money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo352 View Post
    Whatever we have raised in the portal thus far is not a yearly budget boys. If the Lebby hire gains us big donations, that will be stretched multiple years. There's no guarantee we have that kind of money year to year. I would agree we spend a hefty amount to re energize the program at year one, but we can't go spend big and waste it all. few programs have **** you money.
    If we have around 5 for football, which is my understanding, I think you can spend 3 now for sure. You would be able to spend another 3 next year easy without getting much more.
    Maybe do 4 this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    If we have around 5 for football, which is my understanding, I think you can spend 3 now for sure. You would be able to spend another 3 next year easy without getting much more.
    Maybe do 4 this year.
    I don't know the numbers at all fwiw. I would say spend big on QB for sure. After that, be very smart about the money you spend. I'm not convinced spending big like A&M did/does is the right move. There's definitely a balance that has to be found, but I have no idea what that is. First guess would be trenches.

vCash
    Maybe do 4 this year.
    Yep gotta start somewhere and if lebby wins the donations will increase

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Yep gotta start somewhere and if lebby wins the donations will increase
    Exactly. And 3 mil will do a lot for our team right now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Exactly. And 3 mil will do a lot for our team right now
    Right! I mean sitting on it and going cheap ain't gonna do any good!

vCash
    Practically every player on our two deep and special teams get NIL $. Obviously not all big money. Its the price to be relevant these days. Like it or not.
    Last edited by msumudcat; 11-28-2023 at 12:42 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    A great qb ain?t shit without a line to take care of him. We have to invest there heavily.,
    Yep

vCash
    Maybe do 4 this year.
    Remember that not all of it can be spent in the portal. You need to spend on your own players as well, in fact that is where most of ours has gone in the past.

We should give Elon Musk an honorary engineering degree. Maybe that could secure us a good donation, lol.