Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interesting

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I dont believe we have 8MM to spend on NIL for football. If we do- God bless us. We didnt have that last year- maybe half that at most

As I said- we got Wright for $10 and some M&M's
    Well we do.

vCash
    Coach34 has become the biggest woe is us guy ever...what the hell man?

People are fired up, fired up equals willing to donate. We may not be able to buy a ton of 5 stars, but we can easily afford to address our needs in a big way. We don't have to shop at Dollar Tree. Poor pitiful MSU has deeper pockets than many programs in the country. And there are far more than just a few guys in the portal that are capable of helping us. It's not only about the money....a good QB ain't going to Vandy for $750k if he can sling it for Lebby for $600k for example. Doom and gloom isn't realistic. Buying a roster of studs isn't either, but if we are strategic in who we pay up for, we have PLENTY of money to succeed at a high level. And guess what success leads to....yep, more money. Gotta spend money to make money

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Well we do.
    You in with Charlie and Beau?

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    You in with Charlie and Beau?
    I know 2 people that are and they posted in on Paul’s site. When we finish the winning drive this week and it gets matched that is going to put us from 5-6 million to 7-8 million just for football. And no we didn’t have it last year but we do now. It’s a big reason we were able to hire someone like Lebby.

vCash
    Y'all do understand how the $1 million match is going to work, correct?

The donor, from the MS Delta, has given $1 million. He has promised to match another million if the fans come up with the other million.

That means a total of $3 million combined through that donor and his/her challenge to the Fanbase. That should get the Initiative close to $8 million.

vCash
    I’ve got a little info for you boys. Why in the world would these guys make the amount of or nil public? Where is the win there? There isn’t a win if you make that kind of info public. It puts you in a box when negotiating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Y'all do understand how the $1 million match is going to work, correct?

The donor, from the MS Delta, has given $1 million. He has promised to match another million if the fans come up with the other million.

That means a total of $3 million combined through that donor and his/her challenge to the Fanbase. That should get the Initiative close to $8 million.
    If we haven't gotten the million yet we're in trouble. I was hoping to surpass that number

vCash
    I dont believe we have 8MM to spend on NIL for football. If we do- God bless us. We didnt have that last year- maybe half that at most

Cant speak to football alone, but we have $8M in the fund. For once I have some inside info here and can say there is a name not mentioned on this site or very well known who can write a $5M check and not notice it who really likes the Lebby hire. We dont have any billionaire alum but there are a few who stay quiet and have serious serious cash to drop.

vCash
    If we aren't there then they should post how close we are so at can rally some more money. I give monthly and gave some when that was announced. I'd give again if at needed a rally raise

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    Cant speak to football alone, but we have $8M in the fund. For once I have some inside info here and can say there is a name not mentioned on this site or very well known who can write a $5M check and not notice it who really likes the Lebby hire. We dont have any billionaire alum but there are a few who stay quiet and have serious serious cash to drop.
    We have billionaire alumni. They just don't care about sports.

vCash

Kind of embarrassed to say what they offered me now....Didn't know all it took was a bag of M&M's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I know one family in jones county and another family in jones county that's really close to that number.

vCash
    Okay technically right, I just dont count the bishops because for whatever reason they refuse to even acknowledge sports exist

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I know one family in jones county and another family in jones county that's really close to that number.
    Yeah, Mr George Bishop is worth over $3 billion now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    Okay technically right, I just dont count the bishops because for whatever reason they refuse to even acknowledge sports exist
    Yeah. If they would give just a little!!!

vCash
    Yes. There was a huge donation recently for but academics. Can't complain about it. Need donations everywhere

vCash
    That’s where the disconnect is. The university and its well being are tied directly to its success in its sports. We fall out of the P5 and it’s going to get tight on the funding front.

vCash
    That's him

vCash
    Sandersons and Howard's, on up there too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    That’s where the disconnect is. The university and its well being are tied directly to its success in its sports. We fall out of the P5 and it’s going to get tight on the funding front.
    I wish the Bishops would help just a little with sports.