Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did the players really dislike Arnett?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I remember seeing Will look to the sidelines and it seemed like he was questioning the calls.
    Bucky mentioned the QB not being allowed to check out of the calls this year. I think I remember Leach saying if it was a run, Will called it because all he ever signaled in were passes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Something changed after the Arizona game.
    Probably told no more F Bombs on TV. His entire demeanor/attitude changed after that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Probably told no more F Bombs on TV. His entire demeanor/attitude changed after that.
    I was thinking the exact same thing.

vCash
    I really believe that he lied to several offensive players, and that certainly didn?t endear himself to the offense.

I know the defensive players liked him a lot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Yep, and was unable to release control. He tried to have his hands too much in everything, wore too much off the stress, basically put everything on himself. When you do that, you create a single source of failure. When things go downhill, all those struggles then point back to one person. Suddenly perspective shifts and your vision becomes arrogance, your help becomes micromanaging, etc...

Also causes stress in your staff, they get frustrated that they are being held on a leash, and the players see that. In the end it really is sad, there is a reason he was standing alone in the later games. He created an island he couldn't get off of. And I really believe it wasn't due to any abject failure on his part other than failure to trust his staff to do their jobs. He was just so determined to make sure it worked that he put it all on himself.

Probably the most difficult jump from being great at your job to being the boss: Pivoting from getting the work done to empowering others to do the work, verifying that it does get done, and implementing structure that makes sure everyone improves at it. Trying to have hands in all of it never works, at least not in an organization of that size.
    Extremely well put.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    This guy here has a closer take than the slanted one Bucky will give. He has direct knowledge
    You calling me slanted is hilarious

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    You calling me slanted is hilarious
    Bucky - I'd like to hear your slant, personally. We already read the slant he liked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Yep, and was unable to release control. He tried to have his hands too much in everything, wore too much off the stress, basically put everything on himself. When you do that, you create a single source of failure. When things go downhill, all those struggles then point back to one person. Suddenly perspective shifts and your vision becomes arrogance, your help becomes micromanaging, etc...

Also causes stress in your staff, they get frustrated that they are being held on a leash, and the players see that. In the end it really is sad, there is a reason he was standing alone in the later games. He created an island he couldn't get off of. And I really believe it wasn't due to any abject failure on his part other than failure to trust his staff to do their jobs. He was just so determined to make sure it worked that he put it all on himself.

Probably the most difficult jump from being great at your job to being the boss: Pivoting from getting the work done to empowering others to do the work, verifying that it does get done, and implementing structure that makes sure everyone improves at it. Trying to have hands in all of it never works, at least not in an organization of that size.
    I believe you nailed it. Well
    Said