He has to be feeling the pressure.
    Why don?t y?all join Tater and GTFO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    Why don?t y?all join Tater and GTFO
    I think he was talking about Bjork at ATM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DEDawg View Post
    Again, you don?t know that. It seemed pretty clear Chadwell was our first choice initially. After that we are all speculating. I would imagine the Kansas coach also would have been above Lebby but again, NOBODY ON THIS BOARD KNOWS THAT. If I had to guess I would say Lebby was Selmons third option, but his first realistic one.
    Well yeah I do because I know people that are kept abreast of what is going on. Guys that sit with Keenum in his box. We got our 5th choice at best. Sitting HC's didnt want this job. We shall see what Lebby can do. Hail State
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    How much do you give to the NIL monthly C34?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Ha. Dude hired his fall back from his old employer.

...and he is already asking for more money. NO! Your boy has a lot of work to do, first.
    STFU and go be a fan of some other school then dumb ass

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Well yeah I do because I know people that are kept abreast of what is going on. Guys that sit with Keenum in his box. We got our 5th choice at best. Sitting HC's didnt want this job. We shall see what Lebby can do. Hail State
    Not surprised by this. Our job has never been easy but the NIL era has made things even tougher for us to compete in our own league. Unlike OM, we've never had a large number of alumni willing to use their hard earned money to buy football players but now, if you aren't willing to pay for play, you are at a big disadvantage. Our transfer portal work over the past few years in football is nothing to write home about. As for Selmon, I will save my kudos until after I see how the hire works out. Turned down by the sitting HCs we thought we might have a shot at so Selmon pulls the OC from the school where he just left. Absolutely may work but its not like Selmon did anything extra special to make this hire.

vCash
    Sitting head coaches don't move much anyway. Why didn't Georgia hire a sitting head coach?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RezDog7 View Post
    Sitting head coaches don't move much anyway. Why didn't Georgia hire a sitting head coach?
    Yet Florida did with Urban and Bama did with Saban?
    Mississippi did with Kitten
    Missouri did
    Auburn did
    A&m did
    Tenn did
    Last edited by Coach34; 11-26-2023 at 10:58 PM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I'll say this, we'll see where things fall. Just like Arnett it will depend on who he brings in to be successful. As someone mentioned Lebby has recruited this area, had a good offense, and knows how a program should run. If true he's asking for more money to build the staff, then I feel we're going to be much better off if he stays or leaves. At need a coach that's going to get us the analysts other schools have, etc. Lebby knows what OU does and what old miss has. He also has an AD that knows what all OU has so this is our chance to start catching up. All these years our school brags about how they do more with less. I'm tried of that talk. It's about time we use our funds to the sport that brings in the revenue for all the other sports and town. Which leads me back to the topic at hand.
    I never once saw Cohen once he became AD. It hasn't been one year and I've seen Selmon numerous times whether the dawg tour or even trying to raise money for NIL at football game. He is new but he at least is showing that he's trying and putting in the effort, something the past ADs have not done. Typical state fashion we hired someone that hasn't done the job before but I can say this, I have more faith in Selmon than I ever had in Cohen. Seems we're going in the right direction. He was put in a bad spot having to fire Arnett but he did it and did it at a time that had to be done before all the coaching shuffle happened. Anyway. He can't be any worse than Cohen and seems his floor is higher than Cohens ceiling was. That may be because Cohen didn't think he had to try, or was too good to do those things. I don't know but I was frustrated with Selmon at first. Now I'm hoping he doesn't bolt anytime soon because who knows who we'll hire next. The Arnett deal around this time last year should make you all feel that way or at least pause before criticizing Selmon too hard/ pushing for a replacement

vCash
    So we gave the job to the guy that actually wanted the job...that can't be all bad.

vCash
    Missouri did
    Auburn did
    A&m did
    Tenn did
    So did Mississippi State

vCash
    Missouri did
    Auburn did
    A&m did
    Tenn did
    It was reported Kiffin was looking for anything to leave FAU and make the next stepping stone, and actually Orgeron told him don't take the ole miss job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachT14 View Post
    STFU and go be a fan of some other school then dumb ass
    If you are who I think you are, your football team sucks. You will be fired soon. Haha.

Let me tell ya too; State has approximately 10k people shouldering the load and next to last in the sec in alumni contributions. Then you tell me to leave? You're an idiot. Because your boy will load up my inbox begging for money.
    Last edited by Maroonthirteen; 11-27-2023 at 10:04 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    If you are who I think you are, your football team sucks. You will be fired soon. Haha.

Let me tell ya too; State has approximately 10k people shouldering the load and next to last in the sec in alumni contributions. Then you tell me to leave? You're an idiot. Because your boy will load up my inbox begging for money.
    Yeah you have no idea who I am. Try again.

vCash
    On the initial list that was put out there Lebby was the most realistic name on it. His was far from the worst name. The OC at Oklahoma is a bigger job than the HC at Troy (and maybe Liberty too), for example.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    So did Mississippi State
    Yep, and it worked pretty well. Won 8 plus a bowl last year and I'm convinced we win 8 to 10 games this season if Leach was still around. I wanted Chadwell.but figured it was a long shot. I hope Lebby works. He has no track record so who knows.