Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Now who does he bring with him!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    That’s customary, I just hope that we don’t try and force a coach on to the new staff good ole boy style just to have one of “ours”on there. That would be not good.
    Oh yeah. I gotcha. We are giving Coach Lebby full control of the staff hires, is my understanding. As it should be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Great recruiter.
    So losing a hometown 4 star WR = a great recruiter?

vCash
    Great recruiter. Can fend off of Espy and Hodge for WR recruits. We can potentially set it up where Bumphis coaches slots and another coach does outside receivers or something.
    If that fits the new guys system that’s great. He knows the lay of the land here, but we can’t force any coach on him. That’s bush league BS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Oh yeah. I gotcha. We are giving Coach Lebby full control of the staff hires, is my understanding. As it should be.
    As it should be!

vCash
    I do too CC24. We're showing our age, lol. I'm sure there's not many here that remember it though.
    Last edited by Saltydog; 11-26-2023 at 07:34 PM.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Briles is in consideration as OC....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    I don?t blame that on him at all. Did you see the offense and how putrid it was?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    How in the world can you hold that against Bump when the O looked like it did week in and week out? I will not be surprised in Burnside gets back in the fold now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    I do too CC24. We're showing our age, lol. I'm sure there's not many here that remember it though.
    Yes we are! It was a B movie but dang I liked it! I watch it every time it comes on

vCash
    I would expect if any/many coaches are retained, they'll be on the defensive side of the ball. Lebby's O should recruit itself....but you best believe by his comments, he knows he needs inroads with these stud MS defensive players. He wants to keep that train rolling, so Turner and a few others might be in a good spot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDawg81 View Post
    I don?t blame that on him at all. Did you see the offense and how putrid it was?
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    How in the world can you hold that against Bump when the O looked like it did week in and week out? I will not be surprised in Burnside gets back in the fold now.
    Then what distinguishes someone as a great recruiter if they can't pull that off?

vCash
    So it has to be asked…..does Lebby bring the Cannizarro killer back to Starkville with him???****

vCash
    Joe Jon Finley as TE coach and maybe Jason Clement as OL coach.

May see either Seth Littrell or Matt Wells as OC with Littrell maybe coaching RB's or Wells coaching QB's. One of those two may be Oklahoma's next OC though.

I imagine we'll keep Bumphis.

That OU 247 Sports video, one of the guys does mention. Joe Jon could very well come with Lebby. Dude said Lebby has a really good relationship with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I would expect if any/many coaches are retained, they'll be on the defensive side of the ball. Lebby's O should recruit itself....but you best believe by his comments, he knows he needs inroads with these stud MS defensive players. He wants to keep that train rolling, so Turner and a few others might be in a good spot
    Turner didn?t get us in position with the top DL this year in state, which was the sole reason they wanted him back. The only guys I could see staying would be Gerri Green and Calhoun. Potentially Hughes in an off field role.

We will staff up off field analysts and evaluators for portal, etc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    So it has to be asked…..does Lebby bring the Cannizarro killer back to Starkville with him???****
    https://x.com/leewdavis17/status/148...798038529?s=20
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    Joe Jon Finley as TE coach and maybe Jason Clement as OL coach.

May see either Seth Littrell or Matt Wells as OC with Littrell maybe coaching RB's or Wells coaching QB's. One of those two may be Oklahoma's next OC though.

I imagine we'll keep Bumphis.
    When and why did Littrell get fired from UNT?

vCash
    I think they OU probably holds on to Littrell. I would be surprised if it's a big name OC hire, just because his offense is one of the main reasons he got hired. I wouldn't think a big time OC would want to come work for someone that's going to have their thumb on it. This is just my opinion and could be totally wrong. I would rather spend the money on a big time DC.

vCash
    I thought Dr. Death played against Kurt Russell & Robin Williams in "The Best of Times". My favorite line, "I'm pretty damn fast for a caucasian". Can you even say that anymore?

The best sports movie of all time, bar none.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Adrian Peterson, Brian Bosworth, and Steve Dr. Death Williams.
    JC Watts and Joe Washington**

vCash
    I thought Dr. Death played against Kurt Russell & Robin Williams in "The Best of Times". My favorite line, "I'm pretty damn fast for a caucasian". Can you even say that anymore?

Dam I've been looking for this for years/ Great Movie. And the White Cleats.