Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IF It Ends Up Being Lebby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Sure starting to look that way. I'm afraid realignment, free agency (the portal) and NIL have killed our chances of ever being more than a bottom feeder. We just don't have alumni with the money to fund a competitive football program. I hate feeling that way and wish I could be optimistic about our chances of improving. But even Vandy has more money than us. They don't use it for athletics obviously, but they still have more.

Where are our billionaires who will stroke the big checks to make sure our NIL is properly funded to attract top talent? We don't have them. More than anyone else in the SEC, we're reliant on small dollar donations. That's not a model built to be competitive in the age of NIL. It's kinda depressing once you really start thinking about it.
    You're full of shit takes aren't you

vCash
    we would have won 2 -3 more games this season with competent organization. Knox was by far the most organized leader we had.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Not really true. Elko is pretty much locked down unless A&M took him. He was somewhat interested but really wasn't going to do it. Chadwell was interested but prefers not to move his family and is sitting on that SC job, or even any of the Carolina schools that could open the next year. Liberty has committed $7MM salary as well but a big buyout.
    Selmon did the smart thing. He hired the best coach and avoided overpaying for mediocrity of lesser head coaches.
    You said not true and then basically backed up everything I said.

This is not really different than it has ever been. We have never pulled the hot names who can potentially get a much bigger job in a year or so, and we have pretty much always needed to go get a coordinator or a guy without a ton of great options. Mullen and Lebby are essentially equal a hires. What has changed?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I worry about S&C. One look at him tells me it's not a priority. You absolutely have to have a top notch S&C program to win at State. No other way around it. JWS was big on S&C. Croom was not. Mullen was big on S&C. Moorehead was not. Leach was big on S&C. Arnett was not.

See the pattern???
    LOL good grief.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    You said not true and then basically backed up everything I said.

This is not really different than it has ever been. We have never pulled the hot names who can potentially get a much bigger job in a year or so, and we have pretty much always needed to go get a coordinator or a guy without a ton of great options. Mullen and Lebby are essentially equal a hires. What has changed?
    No i didn't. We could offer $8MM and it wouldn't matter. We made big offers by the way.
    UGA, Arkansas, Missouri, Texas, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt all hired low level HCs or assistants their last hires. LSU did prior (won a natty), TN did prior as well.We're no different.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 11-26-2023 at 10:23 AM.

vCash
    I worry about S&C. One look at him tells me it's not a priority. You absolutely have to have a top notch S&C program to win at State. No other way around it. JWS was big on S&C. Croom was not. Mullen was big on S&C. Moorehead was not. Leach was big on S&C. Arnett was not.

See the pattern???
    I actually feel dumber for having read this. Of all the bad takes that have and will be posted on this board over the next couple of days it?s going to be hard to top this.

vCash
    No i didn't. We could offer $8MM and it wouldn't matter. We made big offers by the way.
    UGA, Arkansas, Missouri, Texas, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt all hired low level HCs or assistants their last hires. LSU did prior (won a natty), TN did prior as well.We're no different.
    My point was not a specific dollar figure. If we offered $12 million, or $15 million, or whatever amount that is more than they would get elsewhere, we would get them.

Money matters as much as it always has. Coaches have never just jumped at the first offer that is more money than they currently make, and a lot of P5 schools can now offer very similar money if they want.

So right, we are not different. If anything, we can hire better coaches than we have been able to hire before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    I actually feel dumber for having read this. Of all the bad takes that have and will be posted on this board over the next couple of days it?s going to be hard to top this.
    Thanks for your brilliant insight and being a complete douche to a stranger. And you can't argue with a single thing I posted. 17 off

vCash
    Thanks for your brilliant insight and being a complete douche to a stranger. And you can't argue with a single thing I posted. 17 off
    I will never again underestimate the ignorance and lack of self awareness of our own people. And some of you wonder why we have such a hard time in the SEC. I give you exhibit A.

vCash
    I will never again underestimate the ignorance and lack of self awareness of our own people. And some of you wonder why we have such a hard time in the SEC. I give you exhibit A.
    You must be a joy to be around. At least I made an attempt to add to this particular thread with something. You've added nothing but personal attacks on me for some reason and continued to show the board that you are a dick and a dumbass.

vCash
    You must be a joy to be around. At least I made an attempt to add to this particular thread with something. You've added nothing but personal attacks on me for some reason and continued to show the board that you are a dick and a dumbass.
    You fat shamed the potential head coach, that’s about as personal of a personal attack as it gets. You have all the self awareness of a dog licking its ass in the middle of the street.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
    we would have won 2 -3 more games this season with competent organization. Knox was by far the most organized leader we had.
    not having a healthy QB kept us from bowling
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    You fat shamed the potential head coach, that’s about as personal of a personal attack as it gets. You have all the self awareness of a dog licking its ass in the middle of the street.
    I didn't attack you, and it actually wasn't meant as a fat shame. I see how it would look like that.
    I apologize if it bothered you that bad. I don't want to hurt anybody on this board's feelings. You straight up attacked me though and have continued.
    I'm done with this conversation. Have a great day. I won't be replying back anymore to your attacks on me.

vCash
    You're full of shit takes aren't you
    Way to be a total dickhead and refuse to engage in discussion on the merits. That'll definitely drive engagement and improve the quality of the board. How about bringing some facts and data to the discussion to prove I'm wrong about it reliance on small dollar donors compared to the rest of the SEC? I'm willing to be proven wrong. Would be thrilled to be wrong about our money situation, actually. That would suggest incompetence is the problem and incompetence can be fixed. Lack of money can't be. But nah, you'd rather just swear at people because they have different opinions than you. Get the hell out of here until you grow up and can converse like an adult.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Sure starting to look that way. I'm afraid realignment, free agency (the portal) and NIL have killed our chances of ever being more than a bottom feeder. We just don't have alumni with the money to fund a competitive football program. I hate feeling that way and wish I could be optimistic about our chances of improving. But even Vandy has more money than us. They don't use it for athletics obviously, but they still have more.

Where are our billionaires who will stroke the big checks to make sure our NIL is properly funded to attract top talent? We don't have them. More than anyone else in the SEC, we're reliant on small dollar donations. That's not a model built to be competitive in the age of NIL. It's kinda depressing once you really start thinking about it.
    Ever since NIL started the same teams that have been historically great, middle of the pack, and bad have pretty much remained the same minus a few outliers. There are 7-8 teams that can win the NC everyone else is just playing for a good bowl. We can make a living in that second tier trying to get 10 wins and make a NY6 occasionally