Thread: RTGDF Welcome back?

vCash

RTGDF Welcome back?

Though Lebby wasnt my first pick, im excited to get back to running the ball.

He has great run concepts and is a consistent 60/40 run/pass guy.

2023 : 487/408
    2022 : 581/407
    2021 : 588/429
    2020 : 462/335

I wish we had another year from Marks.
    Last edited by HancockCountyDog; 11-25-2023 at 11:35 PM.

vCash
    https://x.com/JBudDavis/status/1722256816439284150?s=20

He's not a RTGDF coach. He's a throw it early to build a lead and create space for the running game coach. He's 48% pass attempts and 48% rush attempts this year, and a lot of those rush attempts are late in the game after he has built up a lead. His offense scored 65 or more points 3 times this season. You don't do that by being ground and pound.
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    Though Lebby wasnt my first pick, im excited to get back to running the ball.

He has great run concepts and is a consistent 60/40 run/pass guy.

2023 : 487/408
    2022 : 581/407
    2021 : 588/429
    2020 : 462/335

I wish we had another year from Marks.
    You really need to read up on the veer and shoot. It’s has some really good concepts behind it.

vCash
    We can have another year from Marks if he wants it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    https://x.com/JBudDavis/status/1722256816439284150?s=20

He's not a RTGDF coach. He's a throw it early to build a lead and create space for the running game coach. He's 48% pass attempts and 48% rush attempts this year, and a lot of those rush attempts are late in the game after he has built up a lead. His offense scored 65 or more points 3 times this season. You don't do that by being ground and pound.
    Are you actually going to argue that Lebby is not a run first coach?

I guess nothing would surprise me from you, but the guy has run it 2118 vs 1579 over last 4 years.

That is a good thing, we need to be able to run it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    You really need to read up on the veer and shoot. It’s has some really good concepts behind it.
    Did you miss where I said he has great run concepts? I think we can get back to what we do best with a mobile QB.

vCash
    Did you miss where I said he has great run concepts? I think we can get back to what we do best with a mobile QB.
    Spoken like a true Hawk.

vCash
    Lebby isn't ground and pound but he does run the football and stay balanced. He will run the ball and stick with it if it is working. If it isn't he will still run to keep the D honest. He needs a QB that can run the ball. If he can get the right guy, I think we're in good shape. We never have a shortage of RB's. I hope he can find an OC he trusts to call the game though. I'm personally not a big fan of the HC calling plays for the most part. I'm hoping he can quickly learn the ins and outs of running a program. A good OC to help him will expedite that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo352 View Post
    Lebby isn't ground and pound but he does run the football and stay balanced. He will run the ball and stick with it if it is working. If it isn't he will still run to keep the D honest. He needs a QB that can run the ball. If he can get the right guy, I think we're in good shape. We never have a shortage of RB's. I hope he can find an OC he trusts to call the game though. I'm personally not a big fan of the HC calling plays for the most part. I'm hoping he can quickly learn the ins and outs of running a program. A good OC to help him will expedite that.
    Flowers and hopefully Petty will be great in his offense.

vCash
    A lot of their runs are off of RPO's.

vCash
    Are you actually going to argue that Lebby is not a run first coach?

I guess nothing would surprise me from you, but the guy has run it 2118 vs 1579 over last 4 years.

That is a good thing, we need to be able to run it.
    I mean yesterday his first play was a 60 yard bomb off of play action.

I'm not sure you can go off of years 3 and 4 of your data because that was with Kiffin who seems to like to run the ball more than Lebby.

I think we'll probably see pretty close to a 50/50 split run/pass but like I said many of the runs will be off of RPO's- the stats above said I believe 33% so it won't be really a traditional run game per say. More read optionish kind of like Dan but just a lot more simple than Dan.

vCash
    I’m having deja vu, when I posted here that Barbay was a run first coach and people bashed me.

Im not saying he runs the triple option, the guy has great run concepts, but he does run the ball first. He also can adapt his offense to his personnel.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    That is exactly what we need here, worked well with Dak and Fitz.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_Sheen420 View Post
    Agree 100%.

Of course this offense has a much more developed passing attack IMO. Dan's was a bit crude. He made it work of course but Dan's offense was definitely run first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_Sheen420 View Post
    Agree, we get back to that and we can win and compete.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    So is Mississippi and Kitten. We just forced them into alot of runs by playing a light box and then trying to jump back in and make the tackle

SEC Defenses will do the same to Lebby
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    So is Mississippi and Kitten. We just forced them into alot of runs by playing a light box and then trying to jump back in and make the tackle

SEC Defenses will do the same to Lebby
    Play action verticals